Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Saving Private Ryan

Article about: Saw the movie again after a long while Just great! even with commercials.If any one out there has the text of the letter that General Marshall was reading to his staff from Abraham Lincoln I

Default Saving Private Ryan

Saw the movie again after a long while Just great! even with commercials.If any one out there has the text of the letter that General Marshall was reading to his staff from Abraham Lincoln I would love to read it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Saving Private Ryan
    P
    Many

Default Re: Saving Private Ryan

Yeah Was a great flick. First decent war flick with realism. not like the John Wayne crap from the 60s.

From IMDB:

Gen. George C. Marshall: I have a letter here, written a long time ago, to a Mrs. Bixby in Boston. So bear with me. "Dear Madam: I have been shown in the files of the War Department a statement of the Adjutant-General of Massachusetts that you are the mother of five sons who have died gloriously on the field of battle. I feel how weak and fruitless must be any words of mine which should attempt to beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming. But I cannot refrain from tendering to you the consolation that may be found in the thanks of the Republic they died to save. I pray that our heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom. Yours very sincerely and respectfully, Abraham Lincoln."
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Ned! You are the man !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thank you so much BIG NED.You are the man