Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Secret tapes of German soldiers

Article about: I couldn't find this book on amazon, is it in the German language only?

Default Re: Secret tapes of German soldiers

I couldn't find this book on amazon, is it in the German language only?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Secret tapes of German soldiers
    P
    Many

Quote by LondonJay View Post
    I couldn't find this book on amazon, is it in the German language only?
    I dont think it has been released yet Jay

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Cheers Nick.
    Amazon still normally have books that haven't been released yet on their site.
    I'll keep an eye on it
    Jay

It will difficult to ever know the full motivation of the men who gave these statements. Perhaps it was a cathartic opportunity, a confessional to unburden oneself of guilt. Perhaps it was an act of unashamed defiance and petulence, an attempt to undermine their captors.

Or perhaps it was there more basic motivations at work. If I were to put myself in a similar situation I would be gauging who is going to interview me, officers or junior NCOs, are my answers going to end in a beating or worse or is their a potential reward? A chance of a conversation in a warm environment, in the depths of winter, an offer of a cigarette(s), a warm drink, even some hot food maybe a Red Cross parcel, I would be prepared tell a tale or two.

Some of the events should be verifiable from local press sources. I look forward to reading the English translation.

Quote by Richarddwh View Post
    It will difficult to ever know the full motivation of the men who gave these statements. Perhaps it was a cathartic opportunity, a confessional to unburden oneself of guilt. Perhaps it was an act of unashamed defiance and petulence, an attempt to undermine their captors.

Or perhaps it was there more basic motivations at work. If I were to put myself in a similar situation I would be gauging who is going to interview me, officers or junior NCOs, are my answers going to end in a beating or worse or is their a potential reward? A chance of a conversation in a warm environment, in the depths of winter, an offer of a cigarette(s), a warm drink, even some hot food maybe a Red Cross parcel, I would be prepared tell a tale or two.

Some of the events should be verifiable from local press sources. I look forward to reading the English translation.
    Or perhaps they just enjoyed it.....And didn't give a rats ass who new it.
    Attached Images Attached Images Secret tapes of German soldiers 
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2