Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Soldiers of Destruction

Article about: by Walkwolf 'Soldiers of Destruction' is indeed a great read......... Indeed an excellent book

Default Soldiers of Destruction

Just thought I would mention this book called Soldiers of Destruction by Charles Sydnor as it deals strictly with the development and life of the 3rd SS Totenkopf Division. It is not new and can be found on line in hard cover for cheap. Really great reading and cover their fighting through France and Russia. Defininitely a hard group of excellent fighters. Another I finished was Ostkrieg which I cannot say enough about which is written in absolute clarity concerning Why hitler made the moves he did. Will not be disappointed with either of these books.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soldiers of Destruction
    P
    Many

Default Re: Soldiers of Destruction

Thanks Mauser! These sound like must buys !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

You won't be diappointed Nick. Wish I could find books written on the exploits of all the SS divisions. Also I know Amazon has used copies of The Black March by Peter Neumann. Is an old book by can be had in paperback. Some really gruesome reading. Also of course The Forgotten Soldier by Guy Sajer. Highly recommend all of these.

The Forgotten Soldier is a superb book, I still rate it as the best book I have ever read. I will be looking for the others you have mentioned, cheers mate, Dave.

Indeed i must get to looking for these titles! Thanks for the heads up. Sounds dang good.

Thanks for replies guys. like I said try Amazon books for super deals on these older ones. In the Black March neumann was a member of the SS Viking Division. Caught some partisans who would not talk and lit them up with flame throwers. some really grizzly reading.

Soldiers of Destruction is a very good book; I recommend it, too.

I can only agree an excellent book. Goes into some considerable depth and could be considered a bit dated but superb to build up knowledge of the establishment of the Totenkopf through to its surrender at the wars end.

Quote by mauser9 View Post
    You won't be diappointed Nick. Wish I could find books written on the exploits of all the SS divisions. Also I know Amazon has used copies of The Black March by Peter Neumann. Is an old book by can be had in paperback. Some really gruesome reading. Also of course The Forgotten Soldier by Guy Sajer. Highly recommend all of these.
    just finished the Guy Sajer book. harrowing stuff. there are doubts about its authenticity but to me it rings true. his humanity and feelings come across without any falseness. anyone know more about this guy................. (sorry)

'Soldiers of Destruction' is indeed a great read.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast