Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

some info about those picture

Article about: I have on a cd those picture, what i was wondering is why they are using shovel ? Was it the beginning of their training ? And in one of the photo they have something on their shoulder, like

Default some info about those picture

I have on a cd those picture, what i was wondering is why they are using shovel ? Was it the beginning of their training ? And in one of the photo they have something on their shoulder, like piano notes , i don't know much about that but am really curious and always grateful when i can learn a liitle more about ww2 especially the Third Reich if someone can tell me a little bit about those pictures it would be appreciated
    hope what i write is clear enough for your to understand ,english is not my first language.
    thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture some info about those picture   some info about those picture  

some info about those picture  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement some info about those picture
    P
    Many

Default Re: some info about those picture

Frenchy,

They are from the Riechs Arbiets Dienst. (RAD). This was the labour corp in which service was compusory before you were called up for military service. You could also volunteer. The 'piono things' are 'swallows nests' and signify that they are a member of the Band as a musician.

Regards

Jock

Thanks Jock with what you wrote i have been able to search a little more on the internet and get more on this labor corp

Hi Frenchy, your English is fine.

The RAD was used to give men some basic military training before they joined the Army, which was usually straight away they finished their service in the RAD.

So drill was done with spades. And by the time they joined the Army they would know how to drill and march etc.

They are great pics!

Cheers, Ade.

appie
    ?

Adrian, I thought at the end of the war RAD batalions also were fighting; in fact anybody who could hold a rifle or a Panzerfaust where sent of to the front, but I found some Erkennungsmarke of the Strassenbau.bat., part of the RAD who where fighting in the 64th Inf Div.

Hi Appie, yes they were indeed fighting by 1944/45. The pics shown are pre war though as they wear early pattern caps, etc.

I have a single small photo of a RAD member which was taken fairly late war. He wears gaiters instead of jackboots.

Hi Frenchy, if you can tell me the number on the arm insignia, I might be able to tell you the part of Germany the unit was from.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Nice pictures,here is another one of a RAD detachment.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture some info about those picture  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Ade this is what i found on one of the photo hope that is the number you need that is the only thing i found if you make it bigger you might see better but it look like XX
    thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture some info about those picture  

Hi, I like that last photo

XX = Westfalen-Süd.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade i will surf on internet after my work shift tonight and try to see what i can find about that

Frenchy