Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Carving in stone

Article about: Found this today while hiking, it has the iron cross and SS at the bottom. The top looks like 1959 but actually is 1939, also says Eil Hithler. Does anyone know anything about this, why Hitl

I'm sure they did...But what exactly is this seen on, friend? Ist das auf einem Bau-Fundament, ein Brueckenpfeiler, auf was ist das eingemeiselt bitte? For lack of the proper English...trying to get the big picture here, as to what it is that they've chosen to mark....
    Glenn

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Carving in stone
    P
    Many

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    The top piece was DAF-Related, as the cog-wheel has had the Swastika removed....Is this on a building foundation or what is this on? These things were usually seen on completed public work-projects of the DAF and/or RAD...
    Glenn
    What is DAF and RAD? It's actually in the woods leading up to a network of trenches on a rock formation.

DAF-Deutsche Arbeitsfront, RAD-Reichsarbeitsdienst...
    thanks for the info, apparently dumped...interesting...I grew up in Lampertheim/Hessen by the way, and in Riedrode there is a small memorial-pillar with the DAF Cogwheel (No more Swastika of course) displayed in a similar manner...hence my interest...
    Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    DAF-Deutsche Arbeitsfront, RAD-Reichsarbeitsdienst...
    thanks for the info, apparently dumped...interesting...I grew up in Lampertheim/Hessen by the way, and in Riedrode there is a small memorial-pillar with the DAF Cogwheel (No more Swastika of course) displayed in a similar manner...
    Glenn
    The rock formations that it is on are much to large and natural to be placed there. The area is very interesting, lots of ww2 ordinance in the area. I will have to take more pictures when I go out there again. I know of Lampertheim, south of Wiesbaden where I am originally from. Vielen Dank für die Hilfe.

I look forward to seeing more photos!!
    What area is this, nearby town? I can do some research...
    cheers, Glenn

?

The second photo looks more like it is made of concrete rather than a natural rock formation.

Quote by duska View Post
    The second photo looks more like it is made of concrete rather than a natural rock formation.
    No it's in a natural rock formation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2