Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Fallschirmjager Penal Regiment

Article about: by Paul E Don't know what that means Ned ? The book by Rolf Michaelis is essential for a history of this unit !!! Hi Paul, You state that the battalion was formed from a 'penal unit' ( Bewah

Default SS Fallschirmjager Penal Regiment

I have seen reference to Waffen SS Fallschirmjager Regiment 500and that it was a penal regiment that saw action in Eastern Europe.

Im not sure if this actually existed, does anyone have any more information?

thanks

Nick.
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Fallschirmjager Penal Regiment
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Fallschirmjager Penal Regiment

Quote by Wolfspear View Post
    I have seen reference to Waffen SS Fallschirmjager Regiment 500and that it was a penal regiment that saw action in Eastern Europe.

Im not sure if this actually existed, does anyone have any more information?

thanks

Nick.
    Hi Nick,

This subject is very complicated and very difficult to explain thoroughly here!

I think if you check out this link in it's entirety you'll get the clearest picture of SS FJR Batt. 500.

Axis History Forum • View topic - Seekin info about SS-Fallshirmjäger-Bataillon 500.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Yes. it has existed, but it wasn't regiment. It was battalion and it saw action in Independent State of Croatia. They were in operation called Rösselsprung in 1944 in Drvar, little town in Bosnia. They were hunting Tito.

I know that they were forbidden to wear any SS insignia. I can upload some pics of them, if you like. Hope I helped.

?

Quote by Schachbrett View Post
    Yes. it has existed, but it wasn't regiment. It was battalion and it saw action in Independent State of Croatia. They were in operation called Rösselsprung in 1944 in Drvar, little town in Bosnia. They were hunting Tito.

I know that they were forbidden to wear any SS insignia. I can upload some pics of them, if you like. Hope I helped.
    Not all soldiers (from '44), only the soldiers which were on probation were not allowed to wear ss insignia and medals. I have the book from Michaelis (it's in german). They were used in more mission than in croatia "Rösselsprung". Here some information about commanders and history.

Br Pzb14
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Fallschirmjager Penal Regiment   SS Fallschirmjager Penal Regiment  

SS Fallschirmjager Penal Regiment  

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Nick,

This subject is very complicated and very difficult to explain thoroughly here!

I think if you check out this link in it's entirety you'll get the clearest picture of SS FJR Batt. 500.

Axis History Forum • View topic - Seekin info about SS-Fallshirmjäger-Bataillon 500.

Regards, Ned.
    Thanks
    Ned
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Schachbrett View Post

Thanks for that. I would like to see some pics

Nick

?

QUOTE=pzb14;78857]Not all soldiers (from '44), only the soldiers which were on probation were not allowed to wear ss insignia and medals. I have the book from Michaelis (it's in german). They were used in more mission than in croatia "Rösselsprung". Here some information about commanders and history.

Br Pzb14[/QUOTE]

The book on SS Fallschirmjager Bataiilon 500 / 600 by Rolf Michaelis is also in English published by Schiffer.

The SS Fallschirmjager Bataiilon 500 was formed from the Bewahrungs ( Penal ) Abteilung of the Waffen SS in Chlum. Many photos in the book,

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul E View Post
    QUOTE=pzb14;78857]Not all soldiers (from '44), only the soldiers which were on probation were not allowed to wear ss insignia and medals. I have the book from Michaelis (it's in german). They were used in more mission than in croatia "Rösselsprung". Here some information about commanders and history.

Br Pzb14
    The book on SS Fallschirmjager Bataiilon 500 / 600 by Rolf Michaelis is also in English published by Schiffer.

The SS Fallschirmjager Bataiilon 500 was formed from the Bewahrungs ( Penal ) Abteilung of the Waffen SS in Chlum. Many photos in the book,

regards

Paul[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info Paul

Nick

With the greatest of respect to all corespondents to this thread, please read the link that i originally posted. As said, this is a very complex and difficult subject to cover in a few lines. Some here posted are erroneous or just plain wrong.

Absit Invidia, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    With the greatest of respect to all corespondents to this thread, please read the link that i originally posted. As said, this is a very complex and difficult subject to cover in a few lines. Some here posted are erroneous or just plain wrong.

Absit Invidia, Ned.
    Don't know what that means Ned ? The book by Rolf Michaelis is essential for a history of this unit !!!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast