MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS grave regulation manual?

Article about: by stuka f And the helmets that where on them... Can't imagine anyone taking such a mark home...and as the most of them came into hostile territory, I don't they where left as they where! A

Hans Klocker
    ?

Default Re: SS grave regulation manual?

Quote by stuka f View Post
    And the helmets that where on them...
    Can't imagine anyone taking such a mark home...and as the most of them came into hostile territory, I don't they where left as they where!
    A good point, really, the helmets may have attracted negative attention. But perhaps helmets were more benign than the actual Gefallen Helden Graves ? Maybe because helmets may have been a dime a dozen? I say this as I have seen those photo images in books and websites showing piles of helmets seeming to be all over after the war.
    But I may be wrong.
    Attached Images Attached Images SS grave regulation manual? 

2. # ADS

Hans Klocker
    ?

Quote by stuka f View Post
    Sorry , posted at the same time , but do seem to agree.
    I don't think a mark would have stand very much longer in Belgium.
    However we have 6 cemetery's for German soldiers.But far more guys died then those who are burried at those cemetery's.
    Hello Stuka,
    I appreciate what you say that there are 6 cemetaries for German Gefallen in Belgium(?)
    When I said SS Friedhofs were apparently razed to the ground, I meant the ones created by the SS with the intent to have them as sacred places for the Volksdeutsh Wehrbaurn/warrior farmers and SS knights in the scenario of a victorius nazi future. These SS Friedhofs must have had a distinct look to them that would attract negative attention. I have a period SS book with an illustration on one and it had large pyres where flames would burn heroically and look like somthing out of a Greco-roman temple.

Of course, no one left these type of cemetaries intact (at least structurally)

As this goes under SS mysticism and Architecture as Propaganda

Perhaps any Heers/Luft/Marine Dienstvorschrift for Padres. There must be one somewhere, They are abreviated H.Dv or L.Dv ect with a number. If you can locate the one padres (perhaps google) it may outline guidance, I have seen somewhere a site with them on pdf format?

Hans Klocker
    ?

Quote by jock auld View Post
    Perhaps any Heers/Luft/Marine Dienstvorschrift for Padres. There must be one somewhere, They are abreviated H.Dv or L.Dv ect with a number. If you can locate the one padres (perhaps google) it may outline guidance, I have seen somewhere a site with them on pdf format?
    Thanks for the keywords to search, Jock.
    I just did some cursory searching and , well... it will take awhile to go through it all.
    This may be very hard to pin down, as the standard religious groups were not sympathetic to Gottglaubige status. So Catholic or Protest. priests and Chaplains in the armed forces might not have willing to make notes on Gottglaubige graves.
    I have found that The Schwarze Korps newpaper complained that Gottglaubig SS men were not allowed to be buried in hallowed ground. And Himmler was adamant to not upset the old folks with his paganism, so it might be true that no Death/Grave notifications going home to the loved ones would make a point of stating the fallen soldier's religious status if he was Gottglaubige.
    On the other hand,
    One book says that any SS officer who attained the ranks of "fuhrer" had to be ,for the most part, officially declared as a Gottglaubige in the area of religion. So maybe I can find some regulations written up somewhere?
    Thanks
    HK

Jubilate
    ?

I was researching the Nazi's use of the Toten-Rune when I ran across this forum.

The German 3rd Panzer Division, according to Wikipedia 3rd Panzer Division (Germany) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia , apparently used the Toten-Rune as a regimental insignia from 1941-1945 (excluding the summer of '43).

I am searching for a photo of the insignia's actual use.

?

I remember 2 pictures in a book about the SS that I bought back in the 70's. The first showed this huge SS cemetary somewhere in the USSR with all these nice markers.
    The second photo showed the same cemetary but all the markers had been removed and were lying in a huge pile. The caption said that the SS removed the markers from their cemetaries if they had to withdrawal and the cemetaries would then be in enemy hands.
    These photos may have been in "Die Waffen-SS" or in "When All the Brothers are Silent".
    Anybody else remember these photos?

Best Regards,
    Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2