Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ss officer name and rank

Article about: I wonder if anyone out there can help ID an ss officer. I have a cap with a name inside. It may have been written by someone else but its worth a try because there are initials in metal insi

Default ss officer name and rank

I wonder if anyone out there can help ID an ss officer. I have a cap with a name inside. It may have been written by someone else but its worth a try because there are initials in metal inside the cap which match. K V
    The name inside is, Karl Volkert. I am told there are lists where information can be found on SS officers and their ranks. However I have no access to them nor would I know where to look, so if anyone could help regarding this I would be extremely grateful.

I would post pics If I only knew how. I tried but nothing happened and it took so long to upload them that I was put off doing it again immediately after my failure.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss officer name and rank
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: ss officer name and rank

Hi M.M. and welcome to the forum there are some top experts on the SS here and i`m sure someone will try to help you , but keep trying with the photos as we would like to see the cap ,

cheers Al

THanks Al It's good to know that there are people looking at my posting. I will try to take pics but looking around the site I feel that the chances of anything SS being genuine is positively slim. So I therefore think I am just another chap who owns a fake.

I wrote personally to a member of the forum who seems to be a world expert on the subject but I have received no answer which also tells me that the hat is probably not even worth discussing let alone even replying to my email. I don't blame him though , as there must be dozens of folks like me who ask his opinions on the fakes that seems to be thought of as SS.

Anyway I'll try to post several pictures just to confirm my newly discovered doubts. Shame though cos I thought someone would have had the benefit of having a cap with a bit of a background. Aw well, I'll stick to my imperial stuff which I know and find someone who wants an ornament or a space filler.
    The badges are not sitting tight because have left them loose incase I have to take more shots of their rear sides
    I hope i'm lucky with these pics so far and if so I'll continue with more
    MM
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ss officer name and rank   ss officer name and rank  

ss officer name and rank   ss officer name and rank  

ss officer name and rank   ss officer name and rank  

ss officer name and rank  

mmmmmmmm........ That that caps not even close........ sorry IMHO

I did have a look through my list for the name, but couldn't find him, that's not to say he's not there, just that my one is not up to date

Well seems I'm lucky so Ill post some more now. AS I read throught the forum this cap seems to fit the critera for originals . The velvet band is 4. 5 cm high which one serious collector states it must be.
    The badges are slightly oxidised and the markings are quite difficult to make out , but again they are stamped metal and not cast, I know what cas parts look and feel like And regarding these they will NOT bend easily.
    However I'll expect the worst just the same

As to the different colouration and glittering of the silver piping on the pics , that is because some pics were taken last night under artificial light from a lamp and the others were taken in daylight a few minutes ago
    Please bear with me for more pics

Quote by JMB View Post
    mmmmmmmm........ That that caps not even close........ sorry IMHO

I did have a look through my list for the name, but couldn't find him, that's not to say he's not there, just that my one is not up to date
    I am rather confused., if the cap is not even close what was the sense in looking up the name?. I thank you for your help but could you tell me just for my own interest, why the hat is not even close? Seriously,I honestly would like to know
    Regards M M

?

Quote by mitre mad View Post
    THanks Al It's good to know that there are people looking at my posting. I will try to take pics but looking around the site I feel that the chances of anything SS being genuine is positively slim. So I therefore think I am just another chap who owns a fake.
    MM
    Hey M.M. don`t get disheartened ! genuine SS artifacts are hard to come by and if it`s not right you still have a pretty nice piece to look at until you can obtain one This is a nice friendly place with some great guys putting in super info plus some good humour here and there ( look out for phil ) Get involved and let`s see some of your other stuff !

cheers Al

I am rather confused., if the cap is not even close what was the sense in looking up the name?. I thank you for your help but could you tell me just for my own interest, why the hat is not even close? Seriously,I honestly would like to know
    Regards M M
    Ok well. I looked up the name BEFORE you posted the photos of the cap.
    As stated SS items are hard to come by, and it is the heaviest faked area of 3rd Reich collecting. EVERYONE has got burned at least once, it becomes a very steep learning curve. As for the cap? apart from being silver piped, and the chances of finding a real one is zilch, the fabric, weave, shape, and insignia, and that without even looking at the interior construction. I do apologise if I sound rude, I'm don't mean it, I just don't know how to beat around the bush, of course, this is just my opinion, other esteemed members may have some different ideas

Hi No of course I b dont want you to beat around the bush . I actually have no interest in this period. I collect fine headdress of the imperial period and earlier.

This cap will be passed on like any other item of that period I come accross, But I thought it would be interesting to see what it was, and if it was real then perhaps the original owners information would have been something of interest to the next person who takes it off my hands. NO I am not surprised in the least that you think it's fake. Judging by what I have been reading i on various sites the collecting feild for this kind of thing must be a nightmare. For surely., if there are so much fakes around which are instantly seen to be., then all it takes is a man with a few known originals (If indeed it is as you say possible because of rarity)and a very keen eye to oversee the manufacture of 'proper copies' to exact detail and Bob's yer uncle the collecting market plug is pulled again. throwing doubt on anything original. Cant be a comfortable collecting field. I'm not being rude Just my opinion through looking at these forums

I collect fine headdress of the imperial period and earlier.
    I'd like to see some of that Some of those pieces are stunning from that period

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast