Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS-Panzer-Ersatz- u. Ausbildungs-Regiment Detmold-Augustdorf

Article about: I was stationed in Lothian barracks Detmold in early 80s. It was an ex- Panzer kaserne so I have been doing some research on which Regiments were stationed there. Among the many units that p

?

Default Re: SS-Panzer-Ersatz- u. Ausbildungs-Regiment Detmold-Augustdorf

Now that name is ringing bells with me and could well be the barracks where i stayed, i know it wasnt far from a cafe called the "Funke" where you could get knacker and chips and along the high street there was a vending machine where you could buy anything, wine, cigarettes, chocolate, food etc and further on a small antiques like shop where you could buy TR items out the back behind a set of curtains, those were the days

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-Panzer-Ersatz- u. Ausbildungs-Regiment Detmold-Augustdorf
    P
    Many

Hi Nick, and thanks for the welcome.

I was in Hobart for thirteen years, all on the same Sqn, apart from a couple of courses back in the UK.

Quote by Yorkie370 View Post
    Hi Nick, and thanks for the welcome.

I was in Hobart for thirteen years, all on the same Sqn, apart from a couple of courses back in the UK.
    Nice one! Are you still living in Germany or did you come back?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by davejb View Post
    Now that name is ringing bells with me and could well be the barracks where i stayed, i know it wasnt far from a cafe called the "Funke" where you could get knacker and chips and along the high street there was a vending machine where you could buy anything, wine, cigarettes, chocolate, food etc and further on a small antiques like shop where you could buy TR items out the back behind a set of curtains, those were the days
    Hey Dave, I used to love those vending machines, I remember they used to have ones in the early '70s that vended bottles of beer for 1DM! Oh those Germans

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    Nice one! Are you still living in Germany or did you come back?

Nick
    Left for pastures new; Yorkshire, NI, then out.

Andy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2