Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS volunteer units Spaska Polist/Wolchow/Novgorod 1942 ?

Article about: Trying to determine what SS volunteer units would have been operating around Spaska Polist early 1942 (probably Jan.- March) during the encirclement of the 2nd Shock Army. I have an SS helme

Default SS volunteer units Spaska Polist/Wolchow/Novgorod 1942 ?

Trying to determine what SS volunteer units would have been operating around Spaska Polist early 1942 (probably Jan.- March) during the encirclement of the 2nd Shock Army. I have an SS helmet incoming and it was found in the woods outside of Spaska Polist and the other tidbit I got was that the unit was presumed to be Dutch but apparently not SS Volunteer Legion Niederlande... this would have been wintertime and, like I said before, during what eventually became the encirclement of the ill fated Russian 2nd Shock Army. I am guessing the diggers have some other info that helped narrow this down but what I've presented here is all that was available to me through the seller...

Hope someone can help out!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS volunteer units Spaska Polist/Wolchow/Novgorod 1942 ?
    P
    Many

Any thoughts? To simplify; Spasskaya Polist early 1942, volunteer SS unit that would have been in the area during the winter months, possibly Dutch but apparently not SS Volunteer Legion Niederlande...

Any and all input would be much appreciated!
    Last edited by slados28; 07-18-2017 at 10:05 PM.

SS-volunteer Legion Flandern (as a part of 2nd SS brigade) was in the area at that time. 4th SS Polizei Div. as well