Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

The story of SS Rottenführer Günter Prange

Article about: Very cool, a great little project! Could you perhaps PM me your translators contact details and costs? I might send him a couple of FP that I have.

?

Default The story of SS Rottenführer Günter Prange

Hello. In this thread I will publish my translated feldpost letters sent by SS Rottenführer Günter Prange to he's family in Walsrode. Translated and presenter for the first time, exclusively shared here on War Relics forums.

Günter served in 1st SS Division Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler.

Günter served on the eastern front and western front, and was killed in action on the 11:th August, 1944 in Normandie. He died just 2 weeks after hes 21:st birthday.

Günter Prange rests on the military cemetery in Mont-de-Huisnes, France.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The story of SS Rottenführer Günter Prange
    P
    Many

?

Default Feldpost 1 - o. A. 19. 6. 41

Attachment 431671Attachment 431672Attachment 431673
    Feldpost 1 - O.A - 16.6.41

Dear Parents!

At last I get around to writing you a few lines once again. Best thanks for the parcel. The socks just arrived in the nick of time. I still got the letter on the train. I have been part of the Feldtruppe for one week now. Please do not worry. Even if there’s sometimes no post for a longer time.

I am very well. We are stationed in a castle which used to belong to a Jew.

Has the parcel arrived already? A comrade posted it. I could not find the time anymore.

Don’t send any laundry! I need a fountain pen. The old one has got lost. But pay close attention to the address!

Warm regards to you!

Heil Hitler!

Günter
    Last edited by Bill T; 12-06-2012 at 04:01 PM.

?

Default Feldpost 2 - 22.8.41

Feldpost 2 - 22.8.41

Dear Parents!

At last I get around to writing a few lines to you again. Please don’t hold it against me, but time is very limited. I hope I will be able to write to you at greater length again in the near future.

I have so far received 1 x 3 and 2 x 1 parcels. I was very pleased about that, and want to thank you for them. I am otherwise well.

I want to close now with warmest regards.

Heil Hitler!

Günter

I need shaving things, combs, a lighter and a cigarette case.
    Last edited by Bill T; 12-06-2012 at 04:03 PM.

?

Default Re: The story of SS Rottenführer Günter Prange

Thanks for sharing this insight into the lives of the soldiers

He spends about as much time and writing effort telling them to not worry if he doesn't write much than he does giving them any other news! Typical soldier! lol Thanks for posting these-they are a quick snapshot of History!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Default Feldpost 3 - East, 10,11.41

Feldpost 3 - East, 10,11.41

Dear Parents!

I send you the best regards from the East, I am very well, and I hope the same is true of you. I am sure you have waited for a sign of life from me for a long time. But you know how it is. “Definitely tomorrow.” In my estimation I have received all post from you. I was very pleased about it, and want to thank you.

Something just occurs to me! You once sent me combs, shaving things and a cigarette case. Parcel Nr 1 was missing from that series. I assume that was the lighter.

I have a wish. There was still a film in my camera. Please take that to be developed and send the pictures to me, along with those in the small pocket album. If you could also include a lighter it would not be sniffed at, either. That would be all.

How are things looking at home? Are there still so many little girls about? Is Hans Krüger still there?

By the way, I have been squadron mechanic for a few weeks now, and drive the *0-wagen, a big American Ford V8.
    I want to close now. Warmest regards to you!

Heil Hitler!

Günter

Back of Envelope
    Sender: Soldier Günter Prange
    Fieldpost–number 29707C

*not sure about the meaning here, looks like O-, 0-, or I- before "Wagen".
    Last edited by Bill T; 12-06-2012 at 04:04 PM.

?

Default Feldpost 4 - East, 17.11.41

Feldpost 4 - East, 17.11.41

Dear Parents!

I send you best regards from the East. I am very well. Meanwhile it has got very cold here. One has to take very good care of ones car because of freezing. Otherwise everything is taking its course here. How are things going with you?

It would please me very much to hear from you once again!

Heil Hitler! Günter.

Attachment 403447

Wonderful! Do you have more?

?

I've got totally 39 letters, all the way from 41 'till some days before he falls in battle. More comming soon!

Very enjoyable! Pleae keep em comin.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast