Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

The story of SS Rottenführer Günter Prange

Article about: Very cool, a great little project! Could you perhaps PM me your translators contact details and costs? I might send him a couple of FP that I have.

Default Re: The story of SS Rottenführer Günter Prange

Thanks so much for sharing. I love this insite into a soliders life. Cheers, Robert

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The story of SS Rottenführer Günter Prange
    P
    Many

?

Dear friends!

I'm happy to tell you that I've just sent 10 more of Günters feldpost letters to my translator. Several of them were quit long! I will update this thread as soon as I recive the translations.

Best regards,
    Dan

Looking forward to it Dan!

?

I cant wait. An Excellent thread.

?

Default Feldpost 10 - East, 18.2.42

Sorry for the delay but I have been very busy lately and did not have time to update this thread. This will be the WR Advent calendar as I will try to put up 1 letter every day. So instead of getting 1 piece of chocolate like when you were kids, you will get a SS war story! Enjoy and Merry christmas!

Feldpost 10 - East, 18.2.42

Dear Parents,

I sent home 250 RM yesterday. I assume that they will arrive earlier than my card. Please put the money into my savings account.

I am generally quite well.

I close with best regards to everybody.

Heil Hitler!

Günter
    Last edited by Bill T; 12-06-2012 at 04:31 PM.

It seems now Dan that you are our new Saint Nicholas! Well done!

Love this thread!

?

Default Feldpost 11 - East, 20.2.42

Feldpost 11 - East, 20.2.42

Dear Parents!

As I am on guard duty tonight, and got enough sleep last night, it is possible for me to write a few lines to you. I should note in advance that I am still quite well. Although the Russian planes are paying us a visit yet again, I will not let it interfere with my writing.

I have received the two parcels from Aunt Adele today, and was very pleased. I thanked her in a letter which I have just finished. Furthermore I had a card from Tiemanns – unfortunately the post always takes a very long time. On average five to six weeks. Occasionally even eight weeks. So one keeps writing past one another. In your last letter you ask about holidays. There are men here who have not had leave for more than two years. So don’t hold out any hope in that regard.

Heil Hitler!

Your Günter.

© Copyright D. Linoubli "Monuir" 2012 - Do not copy or republish pictures or text without permission
    Last edited by Bill T; 12-06-2012 at 04:32 PM.

Monuir,

Many thanks for the time and money that you are putting into this thread. I agree with Nick, it is truly one of the best threads on the forum.

I'm sure everyone appreciates this very much.

Best regards,
    Joshua

?

Default Feldpost 12 - East, 8.2.42

Feldpost 12 - East, 8.2.42

Dear Parents!

I received your letter from 10.12.41 yesterday. I was very pleased to hear from home once again. In your letter you rightly complain that I have not written to you for so long. I will not try to apologise with lame excuses. That was the time we were stationed outside the Crimea, and then, when we were pulled out, I took over the car. Then we went along the Sea of Azov at enormous speed. Mariupol, Taganrog 1* and Rostov were taken by us. We sat at the wheel from dawn until well into the night. On top of that I had to get the stranded company vehicles going again. After Mariupol I had a broken spring myself, as my car was overloaded. What I looked like at that time, and what a nervous wreck I was, you can probably hardly imagine. I did not care about anything. There was no time to think, not even about home. It was only when I was stationed outside Rostov with an engine fault I could not fix that I came to my senses again. It is from here that you received my first lines again. From here I was towed to the vehicle repair station in Taganrog after three weeks. The cylinders were so worn that the engine could not even pull the car in first gear anymore. Now the cylinders have been rebored and new pistons fitted. The engine pulls again impertinently now. It has eight cylinders and eighty hp. The car was still doing 115km per hour in Brun. 2*

Dear parents! I am otherwise quite well. My radio is still playing. So my free time is relaxed.

Heil Hitler!

Günter

1* G. spells this ‘Danganrog’, but I am sure he must mean Taganrog.

2* This may be a place name, I am not certain I am reading the handwriting correctly.

Attachment 431716

Attachment 431717

Attachment 431718

© Copyright D. Linoubli "Monuir" 2012 - Do not copy or republish pictures or text without permission
    Last edited by Bill T; 12-06-2012 at 04:34 PM.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast