Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14

The story of SS Rottenführer Günter Prange

Article about: Very cool, a great little project! Could you perhaps PM me your translators contact details and costs? I might send him a couple of FP that I have.

?

Welcome to the forums! I'm glad you enjoyed the letters

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The story of SS Rottenführer Günter Prange
    P
    Many

TRR7
    ?

I just finished reading all the letters tonight - I need to get some sleep before work tomorrow but I couldn't stop reading!! Truly fascinating, and really generous for you to share here. Just wanted to thank you again!!

?

Hey guys! So my collection of SS feldpost has grown.. I have many more SS letters that I would like to have translated. However, I need to do this on my own, as 200 x 15 euro would result in 3000 euro.. I now speak fluently in german but there is a lot I can not understand with this old gothic german. Also, I have a hard time making out many words from the different styles of writing.

Does anyone know any website or program that you can learn this from?

diestelbach
    ?

Thank you for posting it!!! My uncle Karl Führing was in the unit from Günter Prange...my uncle died on August 18th of 1944 in Les Champeux near Vimoutiers in the "Falaise Pocket"!!! His Feldpost nr. was 29707A...! I could tell you more about...and I have a lot of questions too! ;-) I will search for trails in Normandy 2014 around D-Day...in Mont Ormel! Greetings from Germany...Marcus

?

Welcome Marcus and thanks for the interesting post about your Uncle !!

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14