Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is there either a corrected/updated version of Patzwall & Scherzers book on the German Cross in Gold recipients?

Article about: Reason im asking is I have the 1st edition which is missing many pages of names due to printing errors. I m figuring around 1,000 names are missing and I know the book is full of glaring err

Default Is there either a corrected/updated version of Patzwall & Scherzers book on the German Cross in Gold recipients?

Reason im asking is I have the 1st edition which is missing many pages of names due to printing errors. I m figuring around 1, 700 names are missing and I know the book is full of glaring errors. Does anyone have a more accurate/better source for the names and units of these recipients? This book also has the DKiS guys too-plus two pages of mentions of those nominated after wars end-but didn't get the award. I know there are literally thousands of names that were rushed near wars end-for those who were nominated for the award-not interested in those unless included? but I need a better source for: Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941-1945 Geschichte Und Inhaber Band II: Klaus Patzwall and Viet Scherzer-if anyone knows of one? or at least a corrected version of this book? I heard that one may have been printed about 2005? 06?

I'm trying to help a researcher in Oregon and need help myself. Anything useful would be greatly appreciated please.
    Last edited by 24th Panzer Division; 08-02-2018 at 11:16 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is there either a corrected/updated version of Patzwall & Scherzers book on the German Cross in Gold recipients?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Have you looked into the multi volume set by Mark Yerger? 7 volumes for the DKiG and one for the DKiS. It is however (as it seems) for SS and Police only.

GermanCrossGoldVol6
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Have you looked into the multi volume set by Mark Yerger? 7 volumes for the DKiG and one for the DKiS. It is however (as it seems) for SS and Police only.
    It is, and due to Mark's death, the series is unfinished, too.

Quote by MAP View Post

GermanCrossGoldVol6
    Thank you, I had at one time-two volumes covering the Waffen SS-though well written and biographical info is superb, all I need is something like what Klaus Patzwall and Viet Scherzer put out-(updated correct version, if any exists?)but a book that does not have the printing mistakes their first printing (unknown if they have more than one printing) has. Pages 33-67 are missing - which are all in the "B" names section. I'm figuring just because of the printing error-at least 1, 700 missing there alone, and I was told by a major LW researcher/friend of mine that he figures approx. 3,000-6,000 LW personnel were omitted as well. No telling for the other services?

Being the Patzwall/Scerzer 2 Vol series is in German, would you happen to know if they possibly updated their two volume series? All I need is volume Nr.2 as the first doesn't have any kind of info that I or my researcher friends need. Here is an example of what I need and just a name picked out of the book: Michael Possinger, Olt.d.R. 16./Geb.Jg.Rgt. 98. 16.02.43.

MAP
    ?

Sorry. I know zero about these books. I was just aware of the SS volumes.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    It is, and due to Mark's death, the series is unfinished, too.
    Sorry, I meant to quote your post when asking the above question of you.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Sorry. I know zero about these books. I was just aware of the SS volumes.
    Your help and attention is very much appreciated. This book or actually two books series-just gives the man's name, rank, unit he served in and the date of his award. It's in German but-this info is not hard to read when used to it. But I do thank you for you interest and help.

Thanks for help provided but I think I may have found the answer I was looking for. Found a copy for sale online-printed in 2007-which im hoping has mistakes cleand up. I read that new recipients were added which I find interesting. Anyway, thanks to those who tried to help.