Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Translation from German language

Article about: Hi all! A big request to help with the translation from German. In general, I understand the general meaning of the text, but some nuances elude me (the Google translator did not help very w

Default Translation from German language

Hi all!

A big request to help with the translation from German. In general, I understand the general meaning of the text, but some nuances elude me (the Google translator did not help very well in this case).

!) Circled in red:

There it is said that old Feldflasches straps with old carbines should be destroyed? Or redone?

2) "RZM states that in order to avoid confusion with the color and quality of felt and straps for Feldflasches for SA, HJ and PL ...." - Further I unfortunately can not translate correctly

Best regards, Michael

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Translation from German language
    P
    Many

The first one says:

"Stocks of finished straps not complying with the regulations that have already been fitted with the old carabiner hook may be used up."

The second one translates as:

"In order to avoid further confusion in terms of color and quality of felt and straps for canteens, the RZM issues samples for SA-, HJ- and PO canteens. All licensed canteen manufacturers are to order these samples immediately."

Many thanks for help!

Hi all!

A big request to help me again, if possible. The text refers to SA-Feldflasche and "Siсuro-Haken". Unfortunately, with the help of Google translator it is impossible to translate this, the translation turns into a random set of words.

Best regards, Michael

It says:

"Due to current reason, we have to point out to the authorized manufacturers of canteens that the regulation SA canteen must be fitted with the new 'Sicuro' hook as authorized by the SA Supreme Command rather than with the carabiner hook which had been the norm up until recently.
    Compared to the carabiner hook, this 'Sicuro hook' features considerable improvements and has thus been authorized and introduced.
    The aforementiond applies to PO- and HJ canteens as well.
    Canteen manufacturers can obtain this 'Sicuro' hook from its manufacturing company, Friedrich Steigenberger, Ulm a.d. Donau, Marktplatz 7
    ."

Is this it? This hook was made in Munich by UE 26, which became M5/26Translation from German language

It is the Fa. Georg Wutzer.
    - - ------- - -

Bravo for such fine research and fine translation.

Our Russian colleague shows how a collector should examine the sources, and Andreas is a genius with language. We are blessed with such company.
    The alternative is so painful.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Is this it?
    Indeed it is. Apologies for linking to the other forum, but this is quite relevant here:

Have you seen a canteen like this? - Page 2 - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

(I have learned something new here, as well, as 15 minutes ago I didn't have an idea what a Sicuro-Haken is or how it looks.)

I think most do not know this, when not having read the RZM-note,
    so do not be ashamed. I learned about this thirty years ago when I
    got my RZM material. Sorry, it was about 25 years ago!
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 05-12-2017 at 04:57 PM.

Andreas, many thanks for your kind help once again.
    I would like to explain my questions a little. The thing is, I'm trying to clarify at which point, the "Sicuro-Haken" was canceled.
    Apparently, this "Sicuro-Haken" was canceled in 1938 (it's approximately) and replaced with a standard hook (as on Wehrmacht сanteens).
    Now I gradually study the "Mitteilungsblatt der RZM" and "Uniformenmarkt -CD", and I try to translate everything, related to "feldflasches". Unfortunately, sometimes I can not translate from German very well.
    Thank you again for your help.

Best regards, Michael

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast