Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Translation needed

Article about: Hello, I dont know really if this is a good or even right place for this but I would like to get a translation of a section of these two films. I am doing research on Generalmajor Otto Korfe

Thumbs up Translation needed

Hello, I dont know really if this is a good or even right place for this but I would like to get a translation of a section of these two films. I am doing research on Generalmajor Otto Korfes and he is mentioned in both of these films. I would only need the translation of the specified timeframes mentioning him which ill show

Der Augenzeuge 1949/28
    8:12-8:49

404 Not Found 1
    1:23-1:48

Thanks
    John

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Translation needed
    P
    Many

The first one translates as:

"The repatriates were invited to this conference in Potsdam by the Society for Studies of the Soviet Union. Representatives of the state government were present as well. During the discussion following Dr. Korfes' lecture, a repatriate said that while in the Soviet Union he never once heard of a person saying 'You must hate the people of other nations'. Those gathered committed themselves to spread the truth about the Soviet Union everywhere."

*) In the original German, the term "Heimkehrer" ist used, which literally translates as repatriate, returnee or homecomer. In this case, it specifically referes to German POWs returning home after the time spent as POWs in Soviet captivity during the post-war years.

The second link doesn't work.

Here is the link to the other film:

Der Augenzeuge 1959/B 28

It says:

"The Arbeitsgemeinschaft ehemaliger Offiziere*, chaired by Generalmajor Otto Korfes, held court over the collaboration between the present-day Inspector General of Bonn's 'NATO-Wehr' Adolf Heusinger and the Gestapo. Using documentary material, the court proved that Heusinger had delivered the 20th July conspirators into the hands of Hitler and the Gestapo. While all conspirators were hanged, their confidant Heusinger went unpunished."

*) Lit. "Working Group of Former Officers", a political organisation in the GDR made up of former members of the NKFD and the BDO that was active in agitation against NATO and West Germany's re-armament and defense politics.

Thanks
    John