Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Triumph of The Will and Olympia

Article about: Hey guys I was in Costco Wholesale today and came across a boxed set of the two Reni Reasenthal movies Triumph of the Will and Olympia for \\$8.88 not bad for two movies of such historical sig

Default Triumph of The Will and Olympia

Hey guys I was in Costco Wholesale today and came across a boxed set of the two Reni Reasenthal movies Triumph of the Will and Olympia for $8.88 not bad for two movies of such historical significance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Triumph of The Will and Olympia
    P
    Many

Default Re: Triumph of The Will and Olympia

For that price, I would have bought the set as well.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Do you guys have Costco in Canada?

Yes - I'll have to go and check it out.........
    Regards,

Steve.

They are good movies. I think the most striking thing from Triumph of the Will that I remember is the point where the LAH band kick off. Their march discipline is just perfect, just blows every other unit away. Letting the SS side down however, I recall, was Himmler, who couldn't do a parademarsch to save his life!

Rob

?

Quote by Robert Ball View Post
    They are good movies. I think the most striking thing from Triumph of the Will that I remember is the point where the LAH band kick off. Their march discipline is just perfect, just blows every other unit away. Letting the SS side down however, I recall, was Himmler, who couldn't do a parademarsch to save his life!

Rob
    Reasenthal was a superior film artist. It is to bad her prime time was during the 3rd reich.

I picked up a copy of 'Triumph of the Will at a local supermarket for $5.00 a few years ago-the film is out of copyright by now presumably...

?

Her direction and the camerawork are fantastic. One of the highlights for many people, including myself, is her work with the lighting. Absolutely stunning for the period. For those of you who have not seen her work, check it out when you have the opportunity because you will not be disappointed.

Regards,

Carl

i obtained a copy of the Triumph of Will yesterday in a way i will not disclose, and i agree carl, her work is incredible! Watching the film that ive seen so many clips pulled from that have been placed into history programs, is really cool. Although the grandeur of the ceremonies is mind blowing, watching the film still sent some chills down my spine.

Every student/collector of Third Reich items should buy these films. Essential viewing.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast