Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

U.S. Major Apologizes for Murder & Mistreatment of A Million German Soldiers AFTER the End of WW II‏

Article about: This is why it's very difficult to discuss things like this. There's always a reaction like that, and it all comes down to the truth that people in general don't want the truth, they want th

?

Default Re: U.S. Major Apologizes for Murder & Mistreatment of A Million German Soldiers AFTER the End of WW II‏

This is why it's very difficult to discuss things like this. There's always a reaction like that, and it all comes down to the truth that people in general don't want the truth, they want the easy version of WW2: Germans - evil, Allies - good. The reality of the war is that, far from this black and white fantasy, it's a dirty grey mess where right and wrong don't really exist.
    The problem with these discussions is that they are too broad. There is no these guys are bad and those guys are good. In reality there are only individuals. Right and wrong do exist. Not everyone gets caught but when they are, they should be shot! My grandfather didnt carry out any attrocities in WW2 and neither did I in Iraq. Some people do but they are but a small fraction of the majority who do they're job. I will stop there.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement U.S. Major Apologizes for Murder & Mistreatment of A Million German Soldiers AFTER the End of WW II‏
    P
    Many

Default Re: U.S. Major Apologizes for Murder & Mistreatment of A Million German Soldiers AFTER the End of WW II‏

Would hope this is more fiction than fact.

How can anyone know the truth unless you were there. The US had as much propaganda as the Germans. There is evidence that Churchill new about the death camps well before 1944 and did nothing or made no statements about them. I have traveled abroad some of my life and I don't believe anything to be the truth unless it is from an eye witness. I feel we treated the Germans in the same manor as the Russians. The old saying " to the winner goes the spoils ". I think there is allot of guilt on both sides ( I can't speak for Russia because of the propaganda we were fed in the US.) I teach my children to question everything..........accept nothing during the times we live in!

Luke,
    The U.S. has neither admitted to nor apologized for any actions regarding POW's at the end of W.W. II. This was the action of one individual.

Dusty

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2