Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

unit(s) of this ss guys

Article about: I found this photo in a forum where analyzed the unit (s) of these guys I'm interested to know your analisis or opinion (ranks , badges , model caps , year of photo, particularities , ......

Default unit(s) of this ss guys

I found this photo in a forum where analyzed the unit (s) of these guys
    I'm interested to know your analisis or opinion
    (ranks , badges , model caps , year of photo, particularities , .......)
    thanks in advance

unit(s) of this ss guysclick to enlarge
    Jedem das Seine

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement unit(s) of this ss guys
    P
    Many

2 and 6 are from the Totenkopf SS,3 looks Heer.5is SS.1 and 4 no idea.

?

I wonder if 2 and 5 could be from the 22nd SS Cavalry Division Maria Theresia? Although the picture is blurred, the white part of the collar patches looks more like the cornflower insignia of the 22nd than the Totenkopf. Going on the ankle boots and gaiters worn it is certainly a late war picture. Are there any other clues such as its provenance etc?

Regards, Philip

Quote by DrPMC View Post
    I wonder if 2 and 5 could be from the 22nd SS Cavalry Division Maria Theresia? Although the picture is blurred, the white part of the collar patches looks more like the cornflower insignia of the 22nd than the Totenkopf. Going on the ankle boots and gaiters worn it is certainly a late war picture. Are there any other clues such as its provenance etc?
    I would tend to agree. Maria Theresia is a very good possibility for the man on the far right.

While the photograph is too blurred to make a positive identification of his collar patch, he is definitely not a Totenkopf member: The size and shape of the collar patch device is clearly wrong for a "death's head".

(The man next to him is wearing standard SS runes, and with # 2, it is really impossible to tell.)

As for other aspects of the uniforms and insignia:
    # 2 is wearing a peaked service cap, # 3, 5 and 6 are wearing the model 1943 Einheitsfeldmütze.
    # 2, 5 and 6 are ranked Sturmmann; the rank of the others cannot be told.
    # 1 and # 4 are wearing sheepskin jackets, # 3 has a greatcoat and # 2, 5 and 6 are wearing army-model field blouses of a wartime pattern.
    # 2 and # 6 wear ribbons for wartime decorations in the buttonholes of their field blouses as well as ribbon bars and pinback awards of some kind. Again, the photo is too blurred to make a positive identification.

Timeframe for the photograph is 1943 to 1945; from the clothing worn, it was taken during the autumn or winter months.

Very interesting,
    for size and that men 2 and 6 with the same collar tab, makes it more than possible.

unit(s) of this ss guys
    Jedem das Seine

the number 5 carries a Einheitsfeldmütze M43 with short brim ,bevo skull ? Gebirgsjäger ss?

3 and 6 Einheitsfeldmütze M43 one button ?
    Jedem das Seine

Quote by another ant View Post
    the number 5 carries a Einheitsfeldmütze M43 with short brim ,bevo skull ? Gebirgsjäger ss?
    Due to the perspective and general blurriness of the image, I cannot comment on brim length, insignia or even button number on the field caps. They're not mountain troopers; note the absence of the Edelweiß sleeve insignia.

I think you're right

number 5 lead a schnürschuhe, not lead a gebirgsjäger boots neither.

Quote by DrPMC View Post
    Are there any other clues such as its provenance etc?
    Miguel ezquerra supposedly appear in it.
    his daughter gave to a member of that forum.
    Jedem das Seine

?

Quote by another ant View Post
    Miguel ezquerra supposedly appear in it.
    I wondered if he might be no. 3?

unit(s) of this ss guys

Pure speculation, but i wondered if the picture might have been taken on the occasion of some training course - I'm noting the luggage, the lack of combat gear and the fact that they seem to be from different units.

Have glanced at the web pages about Miguel Ezquerra it seems that there are many stories about him but less that is supported by good contemporary evidence.

unit(s) of this ss guysnot Ezquerra ,he is Angel Alcazar de Velasco

two pictures more of Ezquerra daughter

unit(s) of this ss guysin spanish civil war

unit(s) of this ss guys

and he ,in spain many years past

unit(s) of this ss guys
    Jedem das Seine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast