Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Waffen SS medic help

Article about: I am thinking about doing A Waffen SS Medic impression. I am currently doing Rottenfuhrer 12th SS HJ impression and just wish to move over to Medic for public events. Now Were medics allowed

Default Waffen SS medic help

I am thinking about doing A Waffen SS Medic impression. I am currently doing Rottenfuhrer 12th SS HJ impression and just wish to move over to Medic for public events. Now Were medics allowed to carry a K98 and an ammo pouch? I have seen some guys in pictures from reenactments doing such thing. I have also seen original photos of medics with just a smock armband and medic pouches. I need info on anything I can get towards Medic's in the Waffen SS.

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS medic help
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Waffen SS medic help

Hi mate.

Bottom line is that the re-enactment guys have got it wrong in this instance.
    In order to claim protection under the Geneva Conventions that were in effect in WWII, a medic was entitled to wear the Geneva Red Cross arm band but NOT to carry firearms/weapons of any description.
    Therefore, in order to be accurate, for depicting a medic of 12SSHJ on the WESTERN front, you should NOT be carrying a 98K, or any other firearm, but should be wearing a Red Cross armband/helmet marking with the appropriate medical pouches.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

In agree with Ian, all medics were to be unarmed

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks guys! Yeah I knew medics never carried a 98K. I am not planning on having any type of firearm on my person. I went ahead and ordered my armband and Sani pouches. Thanks again

Cheers.