Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Werner von Braun in uniform

Article about: I agree ZigZag , and feel that , if WVB was pictured in a SS uniform , the US military would have destroyed it or made it top secret . As part of the cleansing of the past , of the father of

CBH
    ?

Default Re: Werher von Braun in uniform

I agree ZigZag , and feel that , if WVB was pictured in a SS uniform , the US military would have destroyed it or made it top secret . As part of the cleansing of the past , of the father of their space program .
    Cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Werner von Braun in uniform
    P
    Many

No matter what these guys did for the USA, their lives were saved by the USA as part of operation Paperclip. A friend of mine at the University of Arizona was a classmate of Dr. Ernst Stuhlinger who was later deported because of war crimes committed during the V2 period. As he should have been.

?

Can we keep this on track and discuss Werner von Braun in uniform and not let it be side tracked into a discussion about slave labour.

This isn't the thread to discuss such an issue so keep it on topic please. Further posts not related will be deleted.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

CBH
    ?

Watched an interesting Doc about the V-2 last night . It mentioned Werner von Braun was awarded the Knight's Cross ( in 1944 I believe ) , and the photo seemed to show him in a tuxedo . Anyone ever see photos from this event ? Thanks

Quote by CBH View Post
    It mentioned Werner von Braun was awarded the Knight's Cross ( in 1944 I believe ) , and the photo seemed to show him in a tuxedo . Anyone ever see photos from this event ?
    Only the one posted here (probably the same photograph as mentioned above):

Wernher von Braun and his "Knight's Cross" - Germany: Third Reich: State, Civil, NSDAP Awards & Decorations - Gentleman's Military Interest Club

The decoration is the Knight's Cross of the War Service Cross.

The use of the black uniform in 1943 was also entirely in keeping with the survival of this order of dress well into the war, even to the war's near end.

We have documented this fact dozens of times in great detail.

The USA recycled many figures with what by today's standards is an unacceptable biography.

Anyone who is shocked by this fact should deepen themselves in the record of the past on all the professions in which a fair degree of recycling took place, even of
    persons with bloodied hands.

The standard that operates today as to coming to grips with the past diverges widely from the actual state of affairs in the years 1948 and 1949, a time in which
    the cold war took hold in earnest and in which the USA was at pains to resist the perceived threat of the moment.

CBH
    ?

Thank you both for the replies . I thought the awarding of the Knights Cross of the EK , was wrong due to no awarding of the EK I and EK II . The detail of the award was a surprise , thank you for setting me strait .

Quote by CBH View Post
    Thank you both for the replies . I thought the awarding of the Knights Cross of the EK , was wrong due to no awarding of the EK I and EK II . The detail of the award was a surprise , thank you for setting me strait .
    Of course von Braun wouldn't have qualified for the RKEK anyway, as it was a decoration for bravery or leadership of troops, so it had to be the RKKVK.

It is interesting to note that von Braun was awarded the RKKVK on 28 Oct. 1944, but that the SS-Dienstaltersliste of 1 October 1944 doesn't yet list awards of the KVK2 and KVK1.
    Apparently, he was awarded all three grades in ultra-rapid succession, or even the RKKVK straight away, in which case he would have been awarded the lower grade(s) simultaneously. (Probably the former as he appears to wear no neck order in the photograph on page one, but a pinback award which appears to be the KVK1, although the image is too blurry to make a positive ID.)
    Then again, it might simply be a case of omitted data due to an editorial error or an administrative oversight in preparing the list.

Anyway, the AHF has another photo from the same occasion:

Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes /all recipients/pics - Page 8 - Axis History Forum
    Last edited by HPL2008; 11-29-2016 at 07:42 AM.

Andreas is always right.

CBH
    ?

Thank you Andreas for the excellent research , as always . They were some seldom seen photographs .

And of course you are correct in regard to the award stipulations . Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast