Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

What's your favorite Documentary?

Article about: G'day mate, thanks for that! Do you know whether it is the six part series? At least I think it was six parts. It really was a great series, I'll definitely be looking into that over the wee

Default Re: What's your favorite Documentary?

Quote by 4md View Post
    cant go past " the world at war" probably the best, i must buy it on dvd
    One i watched recently was battlefield mysteries particularly the episode on the death of Michael Wittmann. They try to workout who fired the shot that disabled his tiger south of Caen... brilliant!
    That series is hosted by Norm Christie. 'The Death Of Michael Wittman' episode,
    and another about the DeHavilland Mosquito are available on DVD together.

These are two of my favorite recent docs.........
    Regards,

Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What's your favorite Documentary?
    P
    Many

Quote by Lowboy View Post
    Nazi Collaborators ..... and another one with exclusive interviews with Aldolf Galland.... I love it when he calls Goring ... the fatman lol ... he was a class act... He also became best friends with a British ace after the war.. who went on to be the best man at his wedding... amazing!!
    I feel that may have been either Douglas Bader RAF of 'Reach for the Sky' fame or Robert Stanford Tuck RAF.
    Last edited by Thanatos; 01-27-2012 at 04:45 AM. Reason: MORE TEXT

For me it is the world at war, I watched with my dad when it first aired in Australia and have watched it many times since. Apart from being an excellent documentory series for me it brings back a lot of memories of a young bloke with his dad watching it together.

Another was the SS, I saw it on SBS here in Australia about two years ago and have searched high and low for it on DVD ever since but to no avail. I think there were about 6 episodes in the series.

Nice to have those kinds of memories. I think 'World At War'
    was probably the first lengthly documentary series. I too
    remember watching it in the 1970's.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Galland dissin the fatman!!
    Adolf Galland: Ace of the Luftwaffe - YouTube

?

Got to agree about all of them mentioned, the Mosquito doc was interesting especially as the Mosquito museum is just down the road to me, they have the original prototype there, its painted yellow, also they have the cockpit used in 633 squadron , the one that Cliff Robinson was sat in, i used to see a mosquito doing aerial manouvres near to Police Headquarters at Hatfield, watched it for ages on many days

'The World at War' is a timeless classic!

Also enjoyed 'Triumph of the Wills' , 'WW2 in Colour' and 'Nazis:A Warning from History'

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

My favorite is The Nazi Warmachine #5 Hitler Jugend, it goes all the way throug the brown shirts to the 12 SS PZ DIV. HJ:

Apocalypse.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

G'day Sandgroper!!!!

Mate if you go o "JB hifi" they have a documentary section with lots of SBS titles....the SS was there last week, unfortunately I was after the "dads army" box set...SS will have to wait till next week

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast