Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Who Was The German Horseman Of Paris?

Article about: An odd question, but one that I've always wondered. Just Who was "The German Horseman" leading the marching German troops through the Arc de Triomphe in Paris? It is an iconic phot

?

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    Sorry i cannot say who this Offizier is, the only thing i can say is that the marching troop didn't pass through L'Arc de Triomphe. This photo has been taken and reworked to look like they did, but actually that's not the case. Even the german army turned around L'Arc de Triomphe in order to parade and this i know it for sure.
    Thanks
    I was told this same thing by an American WWII veteran many years ago. He said only the French army was supposed to march through it and the Germans respected this and did not march through it. He was upset that after the liberation of Paris, the American army marched through it and he said he did not think it was right for them to do so.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Who Was The German Horseman Of Paris?
    P
    Many

Quote by M422A1 View Post
    I was told this same thing by an American WWII veteran many years ago. He said only the French army was supposed to march through it and the Germans respected this and did not march through it. He was upset that after the liberation of Paris, the American army marched through it and he said he did not think it was right for them to do so.
    Right or not, I am sure the Parisians would rather have had the Americans there than not. Possibly, they followed the French troops who marched first.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2