Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Who´s the blonde accopanying Dr Ley

Article about: Hi Jan, Inge Ley commited suicide at approximately 18.40 on the 29th of December 1942 by means of a single pistol shot to the head. Apparently, her husband was just leaving the house with hi

Default Re: Who´s the blonde accopanying Dr Ley

Hi Jan,

Inge Ley commited suicide at approximately 18.40 on the 29th of December 1942 by means of a single pistol shot to the head. Apparently, her husband was just leaving the house with his adjutant when the shot rang out. The adjutant ran up the stairs to the bedroom closely followed by Ley and the housekeeper. Inge was half lying on the bed with a pistol by her side, a GSW to her right temple, she was 29 years old.

She was suffering from post natal depression following the birth of her 3rd child which was not without complications, and caused her to become drug dependent. She was also, as was her husband, a known heavy drinker, and they often fought. It has been opined that she had previously attempted suicide a few months before by jumping from a window, but this has never been proven.

Inge Ley was often portrayed as a vacuous bimbo, but she did sterling work nursing wounded soldiers from the start of the war. Hitler was said to be very shocked and upset by her death, but i understand he did not attend her funeral.

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Who´s the blonde accopanying Dr Ley  
    Attached Images Attached Images Who´s the blonde accopanying Dr Ley 
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Who´s the blonde accopanying Dr Ley
    P
    Many

?

Inge Ley was certainly a good looking woman. Here is a photo of another one Lotte Frey with her husband Albert Frey , SS Standartenfuhrer and Oakleaves winner with SS Panzer Gren Regt 1 , LSSAH.

Both survived the war until Lotte was very ill in 2003 , Albert shot her then himself.
    Attached Images Attached Images Who´s the blonde accopanying Dr Ley 
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

She is a looker! Shame they all came to violent ends! I suppose that goes with being a WAG of high ranking Nazis

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Jan
    ?

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Jan,

Inge Ley commited suicide at approximately 18.40 on the 29th of December 1942 by means of a single pistol shot to the head. Apparently, her husband was just leaving the house with his adjutant when the shot rang out. The adjutant ran up the stairs to the bedroom closely followed by Ley and the housekeeper. Inge was half lying on the bed with a pistol by her side, a GSW to her right temple, she was 29 years old.

She was suffering from post natal depression following the birth of her 3rd child which was not without complications, and caused her to become drug dependent. She was also, as was her husband, a known heavy drinker, and they often fought. It has been opined that she had previously attempted suicide a few months before by jumping from a window, but this has never been proven.

Inge Ley was often portrayed as a vacuous bimbo, but she did sterling work nursing wounded soldiers from the start of the war. Hitler was said to be very shocked and upset by her death, but i understand he did not attend her funeral.

Regards, Ned.
    Thanks for the final comments.

Rgds Jan

Very interesting read

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2