Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wormhoudt

Article about: How Mohnke was not investigated and prosecuted for this massacre i'm not sure , especially in light of other incidents , Peiper at Malmedy and Meyer in Normandy !!! i haven't read the above

Default Wormhout

Anyone visited Wormhout? If so do you have any pics of the town you can share please?

Thanks

Nick
    Last edited by Woolgar; 11-25-2011 at 04:08 PM.
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wormhoudt
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Wormhoudt

Nick here is a link to an excellent thread on another forum that i am a member of which has all the pictures you will need !!

The Battle and Massacre of Wormhout - 28th May 1940 - World War 2 Talk

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Default Re: Wormhout

Perfect !! Many thanks Paul

Nick
    Last edited by Woolgar; 11-25-2011 at 06:54 PM.
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

My pleasure
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

?

Very fascinating. I was hoping to stop by Wormhoudt on my way back to Calais during my recent trip but time was against me. There's always next time.........

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Paul, excellent link !.......a terrible episode indeed...I knew about this and the other event at "Le Paradis" early on in my collecting days when I was a youth ! Stickgrenade, the sight of your avitar and quote has always made me feel uneasy whenever I have viewed your posts (perhaps time for a change)....Mohnke lived to a right old age, 90 years old I believe, he was never (unfortunatly) prosecuted...but in the minds of many is a war criminal.
    Prost ! Steve.

Sorry Steve, I didnt mean to offend, I have changed my signature

Cheers

Nick

?

Quote by oradour View Post
    Paul, excellent link !.......a terrible episode indeed...I knew about this and the other event at "Le Paradis" early on in my collecting days when I was a youth ! Stickgrenade, the sight of your avitar and quote has always made me feel uneasy whenever I have viewed your posts (perhaps time for a change)....Mohnke lived to a right old age, 90 years old I believe, he was never (unfortunatly) prosecuted...but in the minds of many is a war criminal.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Must admit i did have the opportunity to contact Mohnke when i was building up by RK signed photo collection as i got his address from an OdR contact but i never bothered due to his culpability for what happened at Wormhout . Although personally brave he had a reputation during the war as an unpleasant character which may have been in some part due to his severe foot injury from which he always suffered pain !! He did of course remain a commited Nazi !!

1st July 1916

?

The book 'Hitler's Last General' is a quite fascinating read.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    The book 'Hitler's Last General' is a quite fascinating read.
    It certainly is Adrian. The description of the Wourmoudt massacre leaves you cold !

A well written and thought provoking book!

Nick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast