Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Would appreciate German translation help

Article about: Would be very appreciative for assistance in translation these two short German documents that came with Polish forced worker materials...grateful thanks in advance

Default Would appreciate German translation help

Would appreciate German translation help

Would be very appreciative for assistance in translation these two short German documents that came with Polish forced worker materials...grateful thanks in advance
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Would appreciate German translation help
    P
    Many

The top paper states that the named individual has conducted himself in an upstanding and moral manner within the community and that the document is for employment purposes in Germany.
    The bottom document is an order for the man to be transported to Germany for work, and that he is to be at the train station the next day...
    cheers, Glenn

The first one translates as:

"No. 172/1940

Municipal administration
    of Siepraw
    County Myslenitz*

Certification

Herewith, the municipal administration of Siepraw certifies that Dudziak Johann, place of residence Siojowice, Municipality of Siepraw, Roman Catholic, married, 46 years old, born and registered at Siepraw (Siojowice), metal worker**, has conducted himself morally in every respect during his stay at the local municipality.
    This certification is given for the purpose of leaving for Germany as a worker,

Siepraw, on 18 April 1949

[Stamped+signed: iillegible] "

*) I can't find reference to it, but from the similiarity and the reference to Siepraw, this is clearly the German name for Myślenice.

**) Depending on context, the given occupation "Schlosser" can also mean "locksmith" or "fitter". It has been entered in handwriting over the crossed-out pre-typed "Feldarbeiter" [agricultural laborer].

The document contains numerous misspellings, for example "Bezeigniss" and "Bezaugniss", neither of which is correct.

Second translation to follow.

Second document:

"LABOR OFFICE WILHELMSHAVEN
    BRANCH OFFICE VAREL/O.
    [= Oldenburg]
    Va S/B,

Varel, 17 December 1942.

To: Mr.
    G. Heyne,
    Schweinebrück*)

The Pole Dudziak Johann is to present himself at the Varel railway station tomorrow, Friday, the 18th of this month at a quarter past 12 o'clock, with his luggage for the purpose of transportation to another work assignment. I request you to assure that the man shows up at the railway station punctually and with his luggage and the official police notice of departure.
    This measure is not subject to any changes.

Per pro:

Labor Office Wilhelmshaven
    Branch Office Varel

[signed: illegible]."

*) A community forming part of the municipality of Zetel, located close to Varel.

Thank you gents

"Locksmith" is correct as this is Jan Dudziak's given occupation on his Post war IRO Displaced Person identity documents that are in English. I assume Dudziak was intially transported as a farmer labourer as the majority were and later his work assignment was changed. I need to check what is stated on his Arbeitskarte.

Thanks again gents, very much appreciated!
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.