Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Would some one translate for me please?

Article about: I'm trying to find information on one of my grandfathers that never returned so I made an inquiry and recieved this email today. I believe it says something to the effect that they found no

Default Would some one translate for me please?

I'm trying to find information on one of my grandfathers that never returned so I made an inquiry and recieved this email today.

I believe it says something to the effect that they found no record but were sending it on to other resources.

So far the best I have was that he was SS-Scharfuhrer at time of an undated document.
    His birth date and place.

Also there is something that looks like a unit he was with but I can't read any of the old hand written stuff.
    1/Res (?)/92. SS-Sfaudarts (no idea if those letter are even close).

So here is the link to the reply I received.

Sehr geehrte(r) Mr. Rudolf Ilmberger,

vielen Dank für Ihre Suchanfrage.

Da in unserer Datenbank keine Informationen zu Carl Pfaffenzeller, geboren 02.01.1901 verzeichnet sind,
    wird Ihr Suchantrag - ohne weitere Prüfung bei uns im Hause - direkt an die

Deutsche Dienststelle
    (ehemalige Wehrmachtauskunftstelle – WASt)
    Eichborndamm 179
    13403 Berlin

zur Bearbeitung geleitet.

Dort befinden sich noch weitere Meldungen zu ca. 700.000 deutschen Kriegstoten,
    die der Volksbund erst in den nächsten Jahren erhält. Aufgrund der Personalsituation
    in der Deutschen Dienststelle müssen Sie mit einer Bearbeitungszeit von bis zu 6 Monaten rechnen.
    Im Einzelfall - wenn Nachfragen bei anderen Behörden erforderlich werden – kann es auch länger dauern.
    Die Deutsche Dienststelle wird Ihnen direkt antworten und bittet von Erinnerungen abzusehen.

Für den Fall, dass Sie in der Suchmaske das Feld "vermisst" angekreuzt haben,
    geht Ihre Anfrage auch an den Suchdienst des Deutschen Roten Kreuzes in München zur Mitprüfung.

Der Volksbund erhält eine Kopie der Auskunft an Sie. Die uns übermittelten Angaben erfassen wir in unserer Datenbank.
    Wir können Sie sodann benachrichtigen, falls im Rahmen unserer Umbettungsarbeiten das Grab Ihres Angehörigen gefunden
    bzw. sein Schicksal geklärt werden konnte.

Wir beantworten darüber hinaus gern weitere Fragen zu unserer Arbeit.

Volksbund Deutsche Kriegsgräberfürsorge e.V.
    Bundesgeschäftsstelle
    Abteilung Gräberdienst

--------------------------------------------------
    Volksbund Deutsche Kriegsgräberfürsorge e. V.
    Bundesgeschäftsstelle
    Werner-Hilpert-Straße 2
    34112 Kassel
    Telefon: +49 180 / 570 09-99 (0,12 € / min)
    Telefax: +49 5 61 / 70 09-221
    E-Mail: info@volksbund.de
    Internet: Volksbund Deutsche Kriegsgrberfrsorge e.V. - Arbeit fr den Frieden

Vertretungsberechtigter Vorstand: Reinhard Führer
    Registergericht: Amtsgericht Kassel
    Registernummer: VR 951

Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer gemäß § 27 a Umsatzsteuergesetz: DE 113092541

Thank you,
    Rudy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Would some one translate for me please?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Would some one translate for me please?

The SS unit designation that you mentioned should actually read 1/Res./92. SS-Standarte, i.e. the 1st Sturm [= Company] of the Reserve-Sturmbann [= Reserve Battalion] of the 92nd SS-Standarte [= Regiment].
    This was not a military unit, but an Allgemeine SS formation. The 92nd Standarte was heaquartered at Ingolstadt in Bavaria and had the popular name "Alt-Bayern".

The e-mail translates as:

"Dear Mr. Rudolf Ilmberger,

thank you very much for search inquiry.

Since no informations on Carl Pfaffenzeller, born 2 January 1901, are registered in our database, your search request shall be directly transferred - without further research in our facility - to the

Deutsche Dienststelle
    (ehemalige Wehrmachtauskunftsstelle - WASt)
    [= German Agency (formerly Armed Forces Information Service)]
    Eichborndamm 179
    13403 Berlin

for further processing.

There, reports on ca. 700,000 German war dead are filed, which the
    Volksbund will ony receive over the course of the next years. Due to the manpower situation at the Deutsche Dienststelle, you will have to expect a processing time of up to 6 months. In individual cases - if information requests to other agencies are necessary - it can take even longer. The Deutsche Dienststelle will reply to you directly and asks to refrain from inquiries.

In case you have marked the box
    "vermisst" [= "missing"] in the search interface, your inquiry will also be transferred to the Suchdienst [= Missing Persons Search Service] of the Deutsches Rotes Kreuz [= German Red Cross] at Munich for parallel investigation.

The
    Volksbund will receive a copy of the information sent to you. The data transferred to us will be recorded in our database.
    We will then be able to notify you if your relative's grave is found in the course of re-internment operations or, respectively, his fate can be resolved.

Apart from that, we are happy to answer any further questions about our work.

Volksbund Deutsche Kriegsgräberfürsorge e.V. [= German War Graves Commission, registered association]
    Bundesgeschäftsstelle [= National Administration]
    Abteilung Gräberdienst [= Department for Graves Service]"

..followed by the signature/contact data.

Default Re: Would some one translate for me please?

Thank you HPL2008.
    More info to come. Just talked to my father and he said they know when he went down.
    And in full gear.

Please stay tuned.