Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Which WSS Division do you rank the best

Article about: Hi harryamb somewhere in Normandy sorry i don't have any info on that pic. Greg

?

Hi harryamb somewhere in Normandy sorry i don't have any info on that pic.

Greg

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Which  WSS Division do you rank the best
    P
    Many

Quote by der alte oberst View Post
    Is there a thread in this forum for the HJ 12th SS division? I would like to start one if not. Absolutely fascinating history.
    You should read these books if haven't already !

Some more iconic 12th SS pics too

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images Which  WSS Division do you rank the best  Which  WSS Division do you rank the best  Which  WSS Division do you rank the best  Which  WSS Division do you rank the best  Which  WSS Division do you rank the best  Which  WSS Division do you rank the best 
    Last edited by Woolgar; 05-13-2014 at 01:41 PM.
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

My favorite the 6. SS-Gebirgs-Division Nord

Which  WSS Division do you rank the best

Quote by der alte oberst View Post
    Is there a thread in this forum for the HJ 12th SS division? I would like to start one if not. Absolutely fascinating history.
    No need, I guess this thread slowly evolving into a "SS.Pz.Div."Hitler Jugend" thread"

Just kidding Nick, keep posting

Here are a some Wiking photos to counter balance:

Nice pics of a great Division Mads

Sorry, I wont post any more HJ

Nick

No worries Nick, always nice to see photos from a Division that fought in Hungary 45.

Quote by Studly View Post
    Hi harryamb somewhere in Normandy sorry i don't have any info on that pic.

Greg
    Guess that was for me, I meant the photo with the Totenkopf Ustuf. and the 228. Inf.Reg. lieutenant.

Aim of a Panzer Division is to kill enemy tanks. "Das Reich" had the most kills, along with most award of the Knight's Cross, Roll of Honor Clasp, and German Cross in Gold among Waffen-SS units.

So, just my opinion, was best unit as well as the one I've written the most books about so obviously my favorite. 2nd would be Wiking while under Gille. 3rd the Latvian and Estonian divisions (combined).

For defense, a different perspective, "Totenkopf."

Great thread Gents . Be careful of the 3rd SS division "Totenkopf" dont let it tip too far into "detail " atrocities committed. Einsatzgruppen photos etc...or ( any other SS div ) that had participated in support. Some of these Divisions were quite treacherous..and would rather leave anything horrible out of this thread....which then the content would become opposite of the thread title. Other than that...my interest was in the 16th SS Div Reichsfuhrer SS..in Italy battling the Allied forces there. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast