Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

A big lot of ww2 documents

Article about: Hello! This morning I received a lot of papers from Ukraine but I need help with the translation. Maybe somebody in this forum could help me. Thank you Victory over Germany: Paper dated in 1

Default A big lot of ww2 documents

Hello!

This morning I received a lot of papers from Ukraine but I need help with the translation.
    Maybe somebody in this forum could help me.

Thank you

Victory over Germany:

Paper dated in 1943:

Paper dated in 1944:

Certificate for capturing a city (sadly the name of soldier is not possible to read):

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A big lot of ww2 documents
    P
    Many

This is photos of a Soldier Book. I want the translation of handwritten part, (the machine text I can translate by myself) to find the soldier in russian military archives:

Name, city, rank?

Campaigns?

Medals

Individual weapon?

What is handwritten on the right side?

Considering the amount that needs to be translated, I advise you to be prepared to pay for it. There are numerous members here, who offer translating services.

The first one is a medal book "Victory over Germany" given to junior sergeant Shashkin Grigory Andreevich
    The second one is a confirmation from 69 separate rifle battalion given to Smirnov Aleksandr Nikolaevich. It confirms that he is now part of the RKKA, unit 373 No 0703 and it gives its family additional social security. (8 April 1943)
    The third one is more interesting: its from the same unit to the same person. It is stated that he is a party activist. The unit is also renamed to 69th separate rifle unit of army logistics security.
    The forth one is a certificate for capture of Gdynya (Poland), cannot read the name of the person.

This one is very interesting!

The Krasnoarmeeets book belonged to Cherenko Ivan Pavlovich. Senior sergeant and squad leader (artillery), he was likely a commander of 45 mm AT gun (mentioned in the book). He was recruited in march 1944 from the Kiev region (liberated late 1943). He was part of the 928 rifle unit.

More importantly he received several combat decorations when he was part of the 2nd Ukrainian front http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/2-%D0%B...E%D0%BD%D1%82:
    Medal "For Courage" in December 1944 (probably for the battles around Budapest)
    Order of Glory 3rd degree (quite a significant medal awarded only for personal courage in combat and highly respected among the veterans) in April 1945, maybe for Budapest of even Vienna offensive
    Орден Славы — Википедия

After a bit of search I was able to trace back the 928th battalion to the 252 rifle division (quite a distinguished one), here are a few links that you will be able to read with google.translate:

"
    Герой Советского Союза Валянский Михаил Яковлевич :: Герои страны
    252-

Thank you very much Evgeni!! You help me a lot!!
    Best regards

Welcome!