Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Compiling Research

Article about: All: I've got hundreds of folders, each with multiple pictures, text, documents, etc for each medals, documents, or order books. Do folks construct some singular file or document to summariz

?

Default Compiling Research

All:
    I've got hundreds of folders, each with multiple pictures, text, documents, etc for each medals, documents, or order books.
    Do folks construct some singular file or document to summarize their research?
    Anybody have an example they want to share?
    This is actually my favorite form of entertainment. I have no 'high dollar' items but like to find as much as I can about individual items if history is available. Just looking for a way to be systematic about it so that it (the findings) ends up going with the items when they pass along to someone else.

Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Compiling Research
    P
    Many

I am also still trying to figure out a way to systematically file everything. Up till now all numbered orders are filed under award name with their number and in these folders I have stored all pics from the specific order and documents belonging to it. This with an additional Word file containing additional info. It works for now but I am not 100% pleased yet.

?

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    I am also still trying to figure out a way to systematically file everything. Up till now all numbered orders are filed under award name with their number and in these folders I have stored all pics from the specific order and documents belonging to it. This with an additional Word file containing additional info. It works for now but I am not 100% pleased yet.
    This is similar to what I do. In some way, if I thought I was 'Done' with a particular item I might do one of those online printed photobooks or some type of summary to go with it.

Quote by B618aa View Post
    This is similar to what I do. In some way, if I thought I was 'Done' with a particular item I might do one of those online printed photobooks or some type of summary to go with it.
    I wanted to do the exact same. It looks really good and are actually cheap to make here, especially with the discount coupons we get regularly with the advertisements etc. However, I didn't get that far yet. I always think I am not completely done researching and I always think new info will come up....possibly the next day already haha

?

I've seen Egorka's Summaries which is part of my inspiration.

I agree that Egorka's research is excellent!!!

?

I liked this presentation of the award card with the front and back, with the inset of a front and back of the award. This is from a research book.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Compiling Research  

It may be a tad morbid....but it’s such a shame when research is lost after the collector/researcher is lost....so much ends up in a skip / dumpster. The item itself isn’t always overlooked (which in itself is a good thing) but the loss of supporting research is always a great pity. Admittedly it enables someone else to enjoy researching the piece all over again but preparing for the “end” is sometimes a good starting place when wondering how to store/secure/handover the important work done....

?

Quote by Composite View Post
    It may be a tad morbid....but it’s such a shame when research is lost after the collector/researcher is lost....so much ends up in a skip / dumpster. The item itself isn’t always overlooked (which in itself is a good thing) but the loss of supporting research is always a great pity. Admittedly it enables someone else to enjoy researching the piece all over again but preparing for the “end” is sometimes a good starting place when wondering how to store/secure/handover the important work done....
    We are in an era of exploding information and researchability for the average person (who doesn't have access to a true research library), so I figure there will almost always be a little more to add for the next person.