Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Information about shot down Soviet planes during the war?

Article about: No problem about that. Thank you so much for your help! I'm sure that I will find information regarding the bomber someday.

Default Information about shot down Soviet planes during the war?

Hey all,

Is there anyway that I can find more information about shot down Soviet bombers during the wars, 1939-1945? I need to find information about two bombers that we're shot down during the Winter War.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Information about shot down Soviet planes during the war?
    P
    Many

blimey,they fell like flies,good luck.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    blimey,they fell like flies,good luck.
    Thank you!

Lol, indeed! Luckily I have the estimate times and places, still going to be very hard.

Quote by Aleksander P View Post
    Hey all,

Is there anyway that I can find more information about shot down Soviet bombers during the wars, 1939-1945? I need to find information about two bombers that we're shot down during the Winter War.
    That's what I've managed to find as to the bombers -Soviets have lost more than 50 long-range DB-3 bombers and 2 heavy TB-3 bombers in Winter War.
    The first one of these two (7th heavy bombers Regiment) went down for emergency landing after droping amunition for some resistance pocket of Soviets in Finnish rear on February13, 1940. Being surrounded by Finns on the iced lake the crew of four fought till two killed two wounded/captured.
    The second one was put down on March 10, 1940 near Kem.

Sorry for noticing this so late Mehti. Thank you for the help! The bombers I'm researching about we're both SB-2 bombers. One was shot down over Helsinki and crash landed into Lauttasaari and the other was shot down over Kuhmo.

Hello Aleks,

In russian internet resources I found the following information. First combat losses of several SB bombers they confirmed at 1st of December, 1939 during attacks of railway station on the north of Helsinki... Probably one of the bomber you are researching belonged to these losses. But I do not know well geografical points around Helsinki. Where is Lauttasaari situated relatively to this railway station?

Quote by sergejs View Post
    Hello Aleks,

In russian internet resources I found the following information. First combat losses of several SB bombers they confirmed at 1st of December, 1939 during attacks of railway station on the north of Helsinki... Probably one of the bomber you are researching belonged to these losses. But I do not know well geografical points around Helsinki. Where is Lauttasaari situated relatively to this railway station?
    Hello Sergei,

Thank you very much for your help! Yes, Lauttasaari is quite close to the railway station, about 4,7 kilometers away when calculated by Google Maps. I attached a map to show their locations. The blue circle indicates the area of Lauttasaari and the red circle the railway station. The reason I am intereted in this, is because there was a steering wheel from a downed Soviet SB bomber for sale, that crashed on the ice near Lauttasaari during the Winter War. I didn't get the item, but I am still very interested in this and hope to get it to my collection some other day. I have a piece of a wing from a SB bomber from Kuhmo tho.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Information about shot down Soviet planes during the war?  

Aleks,
    What additional information are you interesting to get?

Is it possible to get information on Soviet bombers downed near Kuhmo? There shouldn't be that many SB bombers downed there, since the whole area was wilderness.

I could not find any info about SB downed near Kulmo. Only information that Kulmo region was attacked by Soviet bombers 48 times... Sorry.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast