Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Partisan groups in Lithuania

Article about: Hello, I've recently been in Lithuania and Latvia and while visiting the former KGB building in Vilnius I learnt of the existence of partisan groups that fought against the Soviet army for a

Default Partisan groups in Lithuania

Hello,

I've recently been in Lithuania and Latvia and while visiting the former KGB building in Vilnius I learnt of the existence of
    partisan groups that fought against the Soviet army for almost 10 years after the end of the war, something I've never heard of.

I've bought a book on the museum bookstore (to be honest it was only a shelf) but it doesn't tell much about real military actions between partisans and Soviet army.

Do you have any information on battles or Red Army casualties due to the action of these groups?

Thank you in advance for any info.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Partisan groups in Lithuania
    P
    Many

There may be something of interest here.

Forest Brothers - Wikipedia

Some references to other websites and printed material at the end of the page.

?

Hi! Not a secret, but guerrilla groups after world war II existed not only in Lithuania,Latvia, but also in Ukraine... This is due to the capture USSR of a large area in 1940.(Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact)... in Romania, Hungary, Lithuania and Latvia,Еstonia.
    Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia were captured completely and could not fight on the side of Hitler, but after the Second world war, after the withdrawal of the Nazis from their territory....tried to resist the USSR
    As well as those who fought on the side of Hitler.They couldn't leave with the Nazis. These groups were insignificant..Their actions were more gangster (robberies, murders of the authorities).because of the small number of people and the lack of support...
    With some truth, they can be considered fighters for independence from the USSR

the countries from which the Soviet Union stole partthe territory began to fight on the side of Nazi Germany.
    Finland, Romania, Hungary...