Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

The same person, I'm Pretty Sure.

Article about: I've got a document for victory over Japan for Блинов Петр Семенович. From t

?

Default The same person, I'm Pretty Sure.

I've got a document for victory over Japan for Блинов Петр Семенович.
    From the seal on the document, the awarding of the red star in 1945 appears to be him as the seal agrees he is in 16 сад ВВС ТОФ.
    15.11.1945 Орден Красной Звезды
    The summary card shows him as __.__.1915 / генерал-майор авиации|подполковник /
    It also says he is in the Red Army from 1935 and is from Leningrad.

Those facts also match the summary card for
    __.__.1915 / майор /
    where the single award is listed in the summary
    20.10.1943 Орден Отечественной войны I степени
    while in the 8 УАЭ ВВС ЧФ

Then there are other awards that also appear to be this person but are not linked in the summary for either.
    02.02.1942-22.06.1942,09.06.1942 Орден Отечественной войны I степени while in the 8 УАЭ ВВС ЧФ but doesn't have his year in the Red Army

Here they have the enlistment date and it is in the same unit as the victory over Japan, but the data base itself doesn't list the date of awarding (have to look into the document itself to find it is 10.11.1945 )
    19.07.1935 года Место службы: 16 сад ВВС ТОФ Медаль «За боевые заслуги»

Then he appears to have survived to 1985 to receive his veterans award.
    Год рождения: __.__.1915
    Место рождения: Ленинградская обл., г. Ленинград
    № наградного документа: 81
    Дата наградного документа: 06.04.1985
    Орден Отечественной войны I степени

Again, it seems clear to me these are the same person, but anybody see anything contradictory?
    It would seem at some point he went from 8 УАЭ ВВС ЧФ to 16 сад ВВС ТОФ and finished the war as генерал-майор авиации|подполковник
    What does генерал-майор авиации|подполковник mean?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The same person, I'm Pretty Sure.   The same person, I'm Pretty Sure.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The same person, I'm Pretty Sure.
    P
    Many

?

More info from Combat Services
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The same person, I'm Pretty Sure.  

I don't see anything contradictory, but have had a similar experience perusing the archive, i.e. individually listed awards not summarized. генерал-майор авиации|подполковник = Major General Aviation/Lieutenant-Colonel, possibly meaning promotion. It might be helpful to obtain his Service Record/Personnel File which would, I think, complete the picture.

?

The system will not let me thank you (it says I must spread it around), so I will do so in this format, thank you!
    It appears he went from Cadet to spotter to Commissar, I'm just getting started.
    I was wrong earlier in that it does in fact look like he was an active pilot with the citation reading he had 5 successful combat sorties over Sevastopol and was commended for guarding a transport from 3 He-111.

Thank you for all the assistance.
    Last edited by B618aa; 10-20-2018 at 10:21 PM.

?

On further examination, the two OGPW I citations appear to be for the SAME event. One is the typed page and the other almost appears to be a carbon of it (typing is exactly the same but the background is different).

?

"Генерал-майор/подполковник" looks a bit strange, I suppose it means he became General-major later, after the war.
    Seems I found smth about him: Читать "Адмиралы и генералы Военно-морского флота СССР: 1946-1960" - Лурье В. М. - Страница 25 - ЛитМир
    His short bio is in the upper part of the page.

Quote by B618aa View Post
    On further examination, the two OGPW I citations appear to be for the SAME event. One is the typed page and the other almost appears to be a carbon of it (typing is exactly the same but the background is different).
    I too have had a similar experience (carbon copies) with archival entries and prefer the more legible.