Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Soviet unit research site?

Article about: I am very surprised but in Russian internet sources there is no any information about battles near Narva in April, 1944... If you are interesting in commanders of 6th and 117th Rifle Corps o

Default Soviet unit research site?

Do any of you know of a site similar to "Lexicon der Wehrmacht", but for Soviet units instead?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet unit research site?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Soviet unit research site?

I wish there was! If anyone does know please post a link.

Cheers, Ade.

?

There is a possibility only to look at archive info- maps and KIA-MIA, but not a list like a Wehrmacht-Lexikon
    first is a maps, orders of battle, find the award by name and find all the documents about the awarded: ÐžÐ±Ñ‰ÐµÐ´Ð¾ÑÑ‚ÑƒÐ¿Ð½Ñ Ð¹ электронный банк документов 'Подвиг народа'
    This is archive data about the men who was counted as not returned for the duty- heavy wounded, MIA and KIA ОБД Мемориал Both required cirrilic keyboard support.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Alt codes, here I come. It's funny how you can research an individual, but you can't research a unit. I can't think of any reason why the Soviets wouldn't have been able to do it.

Thanks, Dimas!

Some research information about Soviet units of WWII period is shared between a lot of Russian local websites dedicated for example some battles, towns, regions etc. What concrete units to research are you interesting in? You can also apply via PM.

6th and 117 Rifle Corps...using this for Narva Campaign information.

6th Rifle Corps had been make up 3 times. I believe you might be interesting in the period of the 3rd one:
    6-
    If you need translation to English please apply.

117th Rifle Corps had been make up 2 times. I believe you might be interesting in the period of the 2nd one. Information in Rus. internet resources about this Corps is more separate, I could find only a few references about some units the Corps consited of...
    If you specify your request more detailed probably I can help.

What I am specifically looking for is the forces that countered the German Strachwitz II and Strachwitz III operations. I am interested in what equipment the units had to face the Germans with and who their commanders were at the time of these two operations. If it exists, I would like to know where each unit was deployed.

Quote by sergejs View Post
    6th Rifle Corps had been make up 3 times. I believe you might be interesting in the period of the 3rd one:
    6-
    If you need translation to English please apply.

117th Rifle Corps had been make up 2 times. I believe you might be interesting in the period of the 2nd one. Information in Rus. internet resources about this Corps is more separate, I could find only a few references about some units the Corps consited of...
    If you specify your request more detailed probably I can help.

What were the dates of German Strachwitz II and Strachwitz III operations? I believe they were in August of 1944, but Soviet Narva operation was at the end of July, 1944...

Strachwitz II was launched the morning of April 6th, 1944. It was on frozen ground and off road.
    Strachwitz III was launched at 0435 hours on the 19th of April after a thaw had turned the ground to mud. It continued through the 20th of April. Both operations were in the Krivasso Bridgehead SouthWest of Narva.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast