Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

T-34 tank ram in1941 year. Interesting fate

Article about: Counter attack to Kalinin - October, 17-18th 1941 y. The tank with tactical number 4 belonged to the 21th tank brigade, rammed out lieutenant's Tachinski Stug III from 660 assault guns batte

?

Default Re: T-34 tank ram in1941 year. Interesting fate

fascinating photos, shame he is listed as MIA, do we know about the rest of the crew? photos like these really bring it home. imagine the fear he must have been in , and the angry atmosphere surrounding them

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement T-34  tank ram in1941 year. Interesting fate
    P
    Many

?

Food for thought. Thanks for posting pics of an event which would have been lost to time, had the pics not been taken.

?

Quote by RedHorseman25 View Post
    I wonder why he choose to ram, rather than shoot the STUG. I can only assume that he was out of ammo, but either way, it didn't end well for him, or his crew.

Boridin
    Its in the OP text and pic with red arrow pointing to barrel damage; most likely the main gun was out of commision.
    The tank commander chose to ram instead.

Noticed that after I had posted the statement.

Great pictures.

?

Quote by Gouldy View Post
    fascinating photos, shame he is listed as MIA, do we know about the rest of the crew? photos like these really bring it home. imagine the fear he must have been in , and the angry atmosphere surrounding them
    Most probably the rest of the crew was KIA, or commander released them before ram. No any info is available
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

More information, that this was a raid to the Kalinin town, occupied by German troops, from the 21 of tanks, only 8 is crossed positions. Tank number 3 under the command of senior sergeant Stepan Gorobets, reach the center of town Kalinin, shot all ammo, and even with damaged turret, and being burning, take a return path. Near the town border, Germans close the road with light tank, which was ram out, being crossed the frontline, tank was shot from the both sides, but reach the home. The tank commander KIA in 1942 year when got heavy damages being a hill attack. Commander ist posthumous awarded Hero of USSR. Known kills-7

Another pictures I found in internet from the tank number 4
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture T-34  tank ram in1941 year. Interesting fate   T-34  tank ram in1941 year. Interesting fate  

T-34  tank ram in1941 year. Interesting fate   T-34  tank ram in1941 year. Interesting fate  

T-34  tank ram in1941 year. Interesting fate   T-34  tank ram in1941 year. Interesting fate  

Attached Images Attached Images T-34  tank ram in1941 year. Interesting fate  T-34  tank ram in1941 year. Interesting fate  T-34  tank ram in1941 year. Interesting fate 
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

amazing pictures ! quite some amount of damage

?

Thanks for update.

Very nice post!

The first known ram was performed during the Spanish civil war by Sergey Osadchev on his T-26. He rammed an Italian Carro Armato L3/33 near Madrid. Soviet sources report 52-160 performed rams during the second world war, among others against the Tiger tanks at the battle of Kursk.

I was also able to find a picture of a rammed Tiger 2 by a British Sherman: Файл:King Tiger rammed.jpg — Википедия

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2