Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The USSR: Myth and reality

Article about: Actually the war was bloody and terrible from both sides and there were no “good guys” at all. We know about German war crimes, but we shouldn’t make a view that from the other side there we

?

Default Re: The USSR: Myth and reality

Actually the war was bloody and terrible from both sides and there were no “good guys” at all.

We know about German war crimes, but we shouldn’t make a view that from the other side there were no war crimes. Yes, it happened, if one side makes crime – the other side makes the same out of revenge and sometimes it’s very difficult to find out who was the first. I don’t like this revenge but I can understand it. Sure the Russians were not angels, but let’s try to be objective: the western allies were not Snow Whites too. Killing of civilians, killing of POWs – it all was happening in the west also and nobody was prosecuted by the same reason – they are the victors.
    And one more thing: sitting on warm sofas 70 years later, being full and peaceful, it’s very easy to speak about humanity and to judge the fighting soldiers. A bit more difficult to understand what they felt then and there.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The USSR: Myth and reality
    P
    Many

Quote by McSeam View Post
    the western allies were not Snow Whites too. Killing of civilians, killing of POWs
    The western allies treated POWs a lot better and less of them were killed compared to the Russians. But no country in any war has never been 100% good.

Guys, What merit is there on this forum in discussing mass rape of Germans by Russians or German troops raping Russians or whomever? The article linked to is neither history or research it is pointless pontification. No offence intended to anyone here.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Quote by CSM Gray View Post
    The western allies treated POWs a lot better and less of them were killed compared to the Russians. But no country in any war has never been 100% good.
    We are all the children of the cold war and from a childhood we know that “ours” treated POWs better, so it’s very painful for us to find out that there can be another point of view. Dead POWs can’t speak but now there are a lot of documents we can find to judge by ourselves who treated better. It’s very sad, but seems that nobody.

?

War is at its best barbarism.
    William Tecumseh Sherman

Why cant we leave it at that and close this thread.

Nobody is innocent when it comes to warfare. One nation's war crime is another's act of patriotism. General Sherman knew what's up.

This kind of discussion is frankly very redundant...

?

I only collect the militaria i focus on, i leave the black thoughts to others to play with-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2