Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Victory Day! День Победы

Article about: I agree. No about the politics, but to remember the fallen, of all sides. Cheers, Ade.

Default Victory Day! День Победы

As Russia gears up for the 65th Anniversary of the Victory over Germany, the old website from 5 years ago have been expanded. Have a good look around, lots of interesting stuff, photos, songs to download, and in particular the Veterans accounts:

Our Victory Day by Day - RIA Novosti project

I like the new logo for the event.

Cheers, Ade.
    Attached Images Attached Images Victory Day! День Победы 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Victory Day! День Победы
    P
    Many

Dom
    ?

Default Re: Victory Day! День Победы

Hello Ade,
    Indeed, very interesting

Wow Ade, the photo content alone on this site is an education in itself. I need to learn more about Soviet equipment, and this site is the place to do it. I wonder if the younger Russians today realize how close they came to losing. Thanks for sharing.

Jay

Thank for the link Adrian ! very interesting !

Hello all,
    9th of May,2004,meeting in Liza river valley("Valley of Dead") near Soviet Military Memorial.70 km north-west by Murmansk.
    50 years of end of war in North.
    Veterans from USA,UK with small prince,Canada,Russia
    "Brothers on the weapon"
    Photo below- Legend of Special Forces of the North Fleet Viktor Leonov,twice Hero of USSR, uniform
    Cheers
    Maxim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Victory Day! День Победы   Victory Day! День Победы  

Victory Day! День Победы   Victory Day! День Победы  

Victory Day! День Победы  
    Arktis ist Nicht!

Great photos Maxim thanks for showing! I'm very glad your country remembers their heros that helped save the world. More of your fellow countrymen died fighting than from any other country. Russia paid a terrible price.

Take care,
    Jay

Jan
    ?

Well from a Finnish standpoint I think the Sovjets got what they deserved in the Winter war with Finland. A lot of research still needs to be done about the true nature and costs of human life as to the Sovjet advance on Nazi occupied Europe. The Sovjet forces succumbed to ferocious attrocities including organised rape and pillage as "supported" by Stalin.

Rgds Jan

Hi Jan, your fellow Finns sure gave the Soviets a drubbing. Very impressive military tactics by your disciplined Finnish troops was definitely successful. Everything I've read says that Hitler's decision to attack Russia was greatly influenced by the outcome of your battle with them. In a way, your countrys success in battle, indirectly hastened Hitlers defeat.

Jay

Jan
    ?

True, so true...

Rgds and a very good night to you

Hello guys,
    thanx for replays.
    I ask you to not speak about the politician. All that we have gone through-it our history, and to us to not disappear from it. I simply show, that we remember fallen in fight and lost persons the soldier of this war. And I consider, that fallen it is necessary to be respectful to all or is loyal. I perform humanitarian work. Any policy.
    Cheers
    Maxim
    Arktis ist Nicht!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast