Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Visiting Chernobyl

Article about: Did anyone else dare to go there yet or am I still the craziest WRF member? Here is the full minute of video we shoot... : http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=...type=3&theater Wish we h

Default Re: Visiting Chernobyl

our main concern was that it was covering something else. we believed that's what the purpose was. however, as i no longer work there, anything is possible.
    i know nothing of OTH radar ICBM defence, but it certainly could be something someone versed in these things could discuss. NSA has some pretty brilliant people working for them so i imagine the idea that it was blocking something else was probably not just a guess.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Visiting Chernobyl
    P
    Many

?

An interesting link here.
    Russian Woodpecker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kind Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

I think this medal must be made of pure gold, and the beare must get a high pension for that
    Quote by Thanatos View Post
    Gday,
    For those who did the dirty work,The Chernobyl Medal.
    I wonder how many who recieved this award are still with us?

Attachment 269877

Cheers
    Dave
    - - Updated - -

I've heard this radar was a reason of a diversion in the Chernobyl nuclear station

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    Attachment 353637
    i worked for NSA back in the 80s in this area of the world involved in NSA SIGINT and COMINT activities. if you are referring to an antennae array which existed in Chernobyl and currently about 20 miles within the restricted zone, this array was also responsible for an extremely powerful signal which was theorized to be covering something else. this signal appeared in the 70s and dropped off about the time of the meltdown. it was later confirmed to be originating from a soviet over-the-horizon radar element of the soviet ABM warning system. don't know for sure if we are talking about the same thing here, but this was one massive antennae array and it's the correct location or thereabouts. if we are talking about the same thing, i've included a picture of it.
    during the time i was active, we never did discover what exactly the purpose of this signal was.
    these days you can read about this stuff on the internet. and, in fact, that's where i got this picture.
    strange world we live in today at least coming from my perspective. heck... even the facility i worked in is all over the internet now. back then, you could be arrested taking a picture of the place or shot entering the grounds.

thanks for posting these pictures. i really enjoyed them.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

FYI ... there is a new Horror movie out about this... looks like it was filmed there..

'Chernobyl Diaries' Trailer HD - YouTube

I have always wanted to visit the Chernobyl area, and hopefully I someday will. Chernobyl Diaries seems like a good film, but I heard it was directed by the same guy as the Paranormal Activity films, which in my opinion, are not scary at all. But I might have a watch of it sometime, just for the Chernobyl theme. I watched the trailer and I was waiting to see Yuri (If you have planned about taking a trip to Pripyat or already been there, you know who I am talking about) as the tour guide

?

For all you guys with any interest for video games: I highly recommend playing the game S.T.A.L.K.E.R. before going to chernobyl and Pripyat, the video game is really fun and long and you basiclly have to survive in Chernobyl, hiding from Russian soldiers, mercenaries and mutated "monsters". The developers of the game have been in Chernobyl and also used maps and photos to recreate the enviroments in the game, so it actually is like being there. It was pretty crazy going there after playing the game, as I could sometimes find my way around from playing the game!

I have all three of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games, and they played a big part of me getting interested in the whole Chernobyl incident. It really ***** that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 got cancelled, but thats how life goes.

Hi,Monuir,
    Very interesting pics you put on, i wouldnt like to go there myself, as i dont need to glow in the dark,lol. But thank for showing them.
    Dave.

Those pictures really are interesting!! Thanks Monuir!

?

Are there people gaurding certain Chernobyl areas? I know you said that taking items is obviously forbidden, but how do they regulate that? There are some crazy people out there who I'm sure would try to loot the place for scrap metals already if it werent somehow controlled.??

My Father worked at Nuclear/hydro Power Plants for a long time, so I have been in a few........ they are amazing places! It's incredible to see how these plants work. I noticed the Motto "Safety First" is seen everywhere in the Nuclear Plants, for good reasons!
    Thanks for sharing these pics!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast