Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Why are the Record Cards not online?

Article about: With all the information being put online by the Russian Government concerning the Great Patriotic War, why are the awards record cards NOT put online? i'm talking about the cards that list

?

Default Why are the Record Cards not online?

With all the information being put online by the Russian Government concerning the Great Patriotic War, why are the awards record cards NOT put online? i'm talking about the cards that list the awards, numbers and dates for the hero?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Why are the Record Cards not online?
    P
    Many

?

Anyone? Is there a reason they don't put all the record cards online?
    Can anyone go to the archives and look up a record card?

Be patient B6 ...holiday weekend in a few countries. Your thread will not go unanswered.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

If you mean why some awards are not listed that the awardee may have received, is because (as far as I know) the site Pamyat-naroda.ru only lists 1 or sometimes 2 of the person's award for some reason. Maybe they just dont have those documents anymore?

?

Hello,
    On the Pamyat-Naroda site, in the Q&A section, there is a question like this: "Why the search by award number is not implemented?"
    The answer states: "The documents being processed lack award number information."

Personally, I think, it was a conscious decision not to put out openly these register cards.

?

Quote by B618aa View Post
    Anyone? Is there a reason they don't put all the record cards online?
    Hello,
    On the Pamyat-Naroda site, in the Q&A section, there is a question like this: "Why the search by award number is not implemented?"
    The answer states: "The documents being processed lack award number information."

Personally, I think, it was a conscious decision not to put out openly these register cards.

Can anyone go to the archives and look up a record card?
    Yes, the archives unclassified section is open to the public. Anyone.
    This ofcoursse requires you be there physically and know the procedures.
    It is also possible to request the data remotely, which is though quite time consuming, as I know.

?

Quote by Egorka View Post

I saw on another website that they closed their medals/orders discussion to the public and if my read of it was correct, it seemed to say you had to have had activity on the site inside Russia and then also promise you were not sending things overseas. I suppose the record cards being offline is also part of this to keep folks from 'collecting' ?