Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

1st pattern FS knife

Article about: Hi, This is my first post on this forum..great forum!.. I have a 1st pattern F-S fighting knife, handed down from my Grandfather who obtained it whilst serving in Europe in WW2 (I believe he

stueysam
    ?

Smile 1st pattern FS knife

Hi,

This is my first post on this forum..great forum!..

I have a 1st pattern F-S fighting knife, handed down from my Grandfather who obtained it whilst serving in Europe in WW2 (I believe he swapped it for something?).

Will put pictures on next post....

I live in Australia and am interested in selling it, does anyone know the best place to sell these, I know they are highly sought after. Especially the 1st pattern knife. This knife has the two inch curved hanguard.

thanks

?

Default Re: 1st pattern FS knife

Good-day Stueysam ... and welcome

In the 1st instance, please post some pictures, as we all like to see images of the 1st pattern FS.

Then I'm sure that if you really want to sell the knife, there would be plenty of takers here on this forum ..

Cheers

Gary J.

stueysam
    ?

Default Re: 1st pattern FS knife+pics

Please accept my apologies for quality of pictures, lighting was not good when I took them...I also have to give it a bit of a clean.....

Thanks Stuart
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1st pattern FS knife   1st pattern FS knife  

1st pattern FS knife   1st pattern FS knife  

1st pattern FS knife   1st pattern FS knife  

1st pattern FS knife  

Hi Stuart,it looks a fairly good used example,i would leave any cleaning to the new owner as you may do more harm than good.
    Steve.

stueysam
    ?

Thanks for the replys.....

Does anyone know what kind of reasonble price I should be asking for the knife?

Thanks stu

Hi Stu, welcome to the forum!

Don't touch it in any way. It will sell better uncleaned.

These knives make good money. Certainly in the high hundreds of £ mark. Not sure of current market prices.

Cheers, Ade.

stueysam
    ?

Thanks for the info Ade, I will leave the knife 'as is'. Did not really want to change it as it looks nice with a little used look, which I believe is actually from where the knife has been left in a damp place for a duration and the dye from the scabbard runs into any pitting on the blade??? don't know if this is true or not?

Regards Stu

Hello Stueysam-I don't know if you are aware of this but the WA Arms & Armour Assoc Militaria swapmeet is on Sun 20.6.10, 9.00am til 1.00pm at the Cannington Agricultural Hall, Albany Hwy Cannington-the expert dealers there can give you a free appraisal & you could sell it there if you want without the hassle of postage or delayed payment.

stueysam
    ?

Thanks for the info thats really useful...definatley head down there and check it out....

Cheers stu

stueysam
    ?

selling it for $1800 au (australian dollar ) not advertised anywhere yet......let me know if interested