Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

2nd PATTERN F.S. FIGHTING KNIFE MARKED B2

Article about: Hi Chaps, thought I'd post up my first F.S. knife picked up yesterday for £100. It's got a real been there feel to it & has the owners monogram of HM on the handle. It's marked on the cr

Default 2nd PATTERN F.S. FIGHTING KNIFE MARKED B2

Hi Chaps, thought I'd post up my first F.S. knife picked up yesterday for £100. It's got a real been there feel to it & has the owners monogram of HM on the handle. It's marked on the cross guard with the broad arrow & B2. It also has the number 2584756 etched on the blade. Service number?

Looking at this excellent website below it looks like it was made circa 1942 by BSA under license from Wilkinsons: -

British Commando Knife

One question, it's had it's tabs removed from the sheath & a button hole cut in the top. Is that for being fitted into the hidden pocket on para or commando B.D. trousers?

Cheers,

Richard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2nd PATTERN F.S. FIGHTING KNIFE MARKED B2   2nd PATTERN F.S. FIGHTING KNIFE MARKED B2  

2nd PATTERN F.S. FIGHTING KNIFE MARKED B2   2nd PATTERN F.S. FIGHTING KNIFE MARKED B2  

2nd PATTERN F.S. FIGHTING KNIFE MARKED B2   2nd PATTERN F.S. FIGHTING KNIFE MARKED B2  

2nd PATTERN F.S. FIGHTING KNIFE MARKED B2  

Hi Richard, nice buy.

I agree. Could well have been done to be carried in the special trouser pocket.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade, I was pleased to get it. Be nice if I can research the number & initials in the future, Cheers, Richard.