Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Fairbairn and Sykes 1st Pattern Fighting Knife

Article about: Hi Ade, I am trying to find out if the F & S Fighting knife l have is genuine, like your one of your previous posts l have no knowledge and would like your help please. Thank you Ken

Default Fairbairn and Sykes 1st Pattern Fighting Knife

Fairbairn and Sykes 1st Pattern Fighting KnifeFairbairn and Sykes 1st Pattern Fighting KnifeFairbairn and Sykes 1st Pattern Fighting KnifeFairbairn and Sykes 1st Pattern Fighting KnifeFairbairn and Sykes 1st Pattern Fighting KnifeFairbairn and Sykes 1st Pattern Fighting KnifeFairbairn and Sykes 1st Pattern Fighting Knife
    Hi Ade,

I am trying to find out if the F & S Fighting knife l have is genuine, like your one of your previous posts l have no knowledge and would like your help please.

Thank you

Ken

Hi Ken, welcome to the forum!

You have a very nice original knife and scabbard.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Nice.
    Gotta have a FS.

Hi Ken...interesting piece....do you know anything about its history or provenance and if you dont mind me asking, how did you come by it ? is it possible for you to take a close up picture of the pommel nut and post it ? excuse my curiosity, I'm a big fan of these things......its Fairbairn by the way.

Phil

Quote by Lugerlout View Post
    Hi Ken...interesting piece....do you know anything about its history or provenance and if you dont mind me asking, how did you come by it ? is it possible for you to take a close up picture of the pommel nut and post it ? excuse my curiosity, I'm a big fan of these things......its Fairbairn by the way.

Phil
    Hi Phil it was inherited, found in loft. hope these photo's give you a better view. Ken

Fairbairn and Sykes 1st Pattern Fighting KnifeFairbairn and Sykes 1st Pattern Fighting Knife

Thank you Ade and Phil,

For your prompt replies and interest, l unfortunately have to sell it in this testing economical times. What is a fair price to ask for the knife as l have no idea and trust and value your advice.

Many thanks

Ken

Hi Ken.......if you do a quick internet search along the lines of 'Fairbairn Sykes for sale' you will get some idea of how difficult it is to put a price on these knives...........more than almost any other special forces knife condition is everything with the F-S......I would'nt like to give you a price estimate based on photos.....all the F-S knives I have bought I have examined very closely in person and arrived at a deal based on the condition of each specific piece........if I had to give you a steer I have paid £600 for etched second pattern knives and sold same second pattern for £850..................I have to confess I do not own any First pattern knives........I actually prefer second patterns......I think they are a more elegant and purposefull design...........just my preferance, many will disagree.......good luck with selling.

phil

A dealer would ask at least £1200.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

May I ask why these are so expensive? is it because of a limited quantity or some other reason? forgive me I do not know much about these at all besides I would like to own one someday.

Very limited quanty made and a very high quality product.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast