MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fairbairn and sykes knife?

Article about: Hi I have a 3rd pattern I belive stamped 2 on the pommel. Any help would be appreciated.

Default Fairbairn and sykes knife?

Hi I have a 3rd pattern I belive stamped 2 on the pommel. Any help would be appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fairbairn and sykes knife?   Fairbairn and sykes knife?  

Fairbairn and sykes knife?   Fairbairn and sykes knife?  

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    Yes, you have an original 3rd pattern FS fighting knife. If you check on the guard, you may also find a maker's mark. Your example appears to be complete except for the elastic on the sheath to retain the handle. The chape on the tip of the sheath appears to be put on backwards though.
    Here is my example to compare. Although my example has a different pommel nut than yours, they are both original, just possibly different makers.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/fairb...fe-2-a-399823/
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

If there no mark on the finger guard how can I tell the manufacture or where It was actually made

Quote by Brunette63 View Post
    If there no mark on the finger guard how can I tell the manufacture or where It was actually made
    There are many of these that are unmarked. There was also more than one maker, you may never be able to figure out who actually made it. Some know these well enough to tell if it was made by Wilkinson Sword of London or not.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Ok, awesome. Thankyou for the help. This is my second one. My grandfather brought back a b2 with the arrow. Start of a collection.

Hi, and once again welcome aboard. Your example is late-war production with the machine ground blade. Ralph is correct that the maker name may never be determined. But you can rest assured knowing this is a real-deal WW2 period fighting knife.

Please don’t be afraid to share your grandfather’s B2 with us.

And I had the same thought when my second F-S landed in my lap – the start of a collection. That was before I realized that it was really that start of a sickness. These are wonderful knives, and addictive. You’ve been forewarned!

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Welcome.
    I can only agree with what has already been said.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

This was my other one

A very nice 2nd pattern, well used.
    Congrats!
    Ralph.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast