Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

FARIBAIRN knife opinions

Article about: hi guys just wondering if its too good to be true to find a nice fairbairn on ebay in USA. the scabbard is totally dead but the knife is worth an offer let me know what you think would be re

Default FARIBAIRN knife opinions

FARIBAIRN knife opinionshi guys just wondering if its too good to be true to find a nice fairbairn on ebay in USA. the scabbard is totally dead but the knife is worth an offer let me know what you think would be reasonable
    WW 2 FAIRBAIRN & SYKES MODEL 1 COMMANDO DAGGER; EXCEPTIONAL CONDITION. | eBay

?

Default Re: FARIBAIRN knife opinions

Looks like a legitimate 3rd model that was marked for export to the U.S. shortly after the war. The "1" is a mold number and not a model number as per sellers description. IMO- It is priced very high, especially considering the condition of the scabbard and overall wear.
    Regards,
    John

yeah thats what i was thinking. when i saw the 1 as the stamp i assumed he had assumed that that was the mk number. cheers

?

MAybe 150-200 US Dollars not much more than that due to the condition of the scabbard

yeah cheers. any suggestions on where to get one!? realistically im gonna have to get a 3rd pattern as i dont want to spend £500 pounds on a knife......not when i can get guns for that price!
    any advice would be great