Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Found a knife - Is this genuine? F-S Fighting Knife 1st Pattern

Article about: I helped an older gentleman fix the roof on his house so he could sell and move down South. He offered me some tools from his shed - he wouldn't need them any longer. Found this in a box. Di

Default Found a knife - Is this genuine? F-S Fighting Knife 1st Pattern

I helped an older gentleman fix the roof on his house so he could sell and move down South. He offered me some tools from his shed - he wouldn't need them any longer. Found this in a box. Dismissed initially due to the fact that the blade is plated. Did a Google and I can't determine if this is genuine, and if it's of any value. Location - Eastern US. Set me straight. Thanks!

My Reddit link -> https://www.reddit.com/r/knives/comm...ighting_knife/

My Imgur link -> https://imgur.com/a/i7mjn

uploaded images will aid anyone that wishes to help you.
    please have a quick look here:

Please don't use picture hosting from other picture hosting sites for the forum

?

looks like a 1st pattern to me, sadly been blunted on the end of the blade, interesting markings/no's on the grip

Here ya go.

Found a knife - Is this genuine? F-S Fighting Knife 1st PatternFound a knife - Is this genuine? F-S Fighting Knife 1st PatternFound a knife - Is this genuine? F-S Fighting Knife 1st PatternFound a knife - Is this genuine? F-S Fighting Knife 1st PatternFound a knife - Is this genuine? F-S Fighting Knife 1st Pattern
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Found a knife - Is this genuine? F-S Fighting Knife 1st Pattern  

Greetings,

Here's a recent article on your specific knife. Knife Magazine Article February 2018 Mystery of The 30946 F-S Knives Solved Yes, I believe it is original, just in less than awesome condition.

As for values, I don't discuss those.

Cheers,

V/r Lance

CBH
    ?

Great article thanks for sharing Lance.

That's really interesting; glad I didn't toss it - it might be of historic value to someone who knows the story. Thanks for the article! I guess the next logical step would be contacting the author and seeing if someone wants it.

I'd me more than happy to keep everyone in the loop if you wish.

CBH
    ?

Yes please do, I'm sure being one of 500 this would be a highly collectable F-S knife.
    Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum.

Quote by CBH View Post
    Yes please do, I'm sure being one of 500 this would be a highly collectable F-S knife.
    Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum.
    Will do; I'll update as I know more! I just e-mailed Roy Shadbolt - the author of the above article.

Quote by FoundAKnifeThrowaway View Post
    Will do; I'll update as I know more! I just e-mailed Roy Shadbolt - the author of the above article.
    Roy is a scholar and a true gentleman.

V/r Lance

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast