Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

FS 1st pattern-no etching. Star on scabbard

Article about: Hi guys, Thought you might like a look at a FS that I acquired recently. What are your thoughts? Any idea what the star is all about? Any info appreciated.

Default FS 1st pattern-no etching. Star on scabbard

Hi guys,

Thought you might like a look at a FS that I acquired recently. What are your thoughts? Any idea what the star is all about? Any info appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture FS 1st pattern-no etching. Star on scabbard   FS 1st pattern-no etching. Star on scabbard  

FS 1st pattern-no etching. Star on scabbard   FS 1st pattern-no etching. Star on scabbard  

FS 1st pattern-no etching. Star on scabbard   FS 1st pattern-no etching. Star on scabbard  

Photos.......???

Sorry - computer gave up when uploading the photos. Edited the post now

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

Nice knife.

The star is totally unofficial and has been added to the scabbard. I was first thinking this may be a (foreign) rank star of some sort, but I do not recognise the pattern.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Ade,

Thanks for the reply. My first thoughts were that it looks like an American officer's insignia but haven't been able to find anything similar. Does anyone have any idea why it's un etched? The ones I've come across before have all had etchings on them.

To be honest, I thought the etch was worn off due to wear? There is a darker area on the blade where the etch would be.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!