Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

FS Identification

Article about: Hey all, I've had this knife for a while - it was a gift from a family friend. From what I have found online my buets guess is that it's some kind of postwar similar to a 3rd model. The shea

Default FS Identification

Hey all,

I've had this knife for a while - it was a gift from a family friend.
    From what I have found online my best guess is that it's some kind of postwar similar to a 3rd model.

The sheath is missing the chape and says "Made in Germany" on the back of the belt loop. I don't think it's original to the knife.
    The handle appears to have had a symbol (possibly crossed-keys?) but it's worn away or was never good enough to be clear in the first place.
    I've tried to capture this in the second photo.

The nut on the pommel is secure and will not twist off - I think the tang is peened over.

I'd appreciate any opinions regarding what the knife is and any value it may have.

Attachment 933863Attachment 933864
    Attachment 933865Attachment 933866
    Attachment 933867Attachment 933868
    Attachment 933869Attachment 933870
    Attachment 933871

Greetings,

Here's a mint one for sale. British F/S Fighting Knife & Scabbard, (Falklands Issue?): Shop Military Goods in Calgary at Things Military Ltd. Google the company's name and you will see more examples. Your posted example is not in the same condition, so value would have to be adjusted accordingly.

Regards,

Lance

Thanks, Lance! I appreciate the feedback. I'll look into falklands issue knives some more!

Could I assume that missing the scabbard and being in middling condition that this knife is worth circa $120 or so?

The crossed keys are for J Nowell & sons, this example may be a put together. I would try to find other examples from Gudedge to compare.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Greetings,

I'd concur with Ralph on the crossed keys bit. I don't offer estimates on value(s).

Regards,

Lance

Lightbulb

It's post-war, as usual having the moulding seam clearly visible down the sides of the handle.