Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help with my fs dagger

Article about: hi guys ive just bought this FS dagger and wanted an opinion on it. i was under the impression that it was post war...(hopfully not a repro) my dad works with metal work alot and has said it

Default Help with my fs dagger

hi guys ive just bought this FS dagger and wanted an opinion on it. i was under the impression that it was post war...(hopfully not a repro)
    my dad works with metal work alot and has said its high quailty heat tempered steal that has been sharped very profesionaly as with the blade treatment to get the blueing.
    its stamped william rodgers shefield england on the hilt...in the normal place. no other marking. the blade end is slightly bent often seen with opening bullbeef tins and so on, but not snapped.
    there is almost no gap between the ricasso and the hilt leading to the tang. it is very sharp.
    the handle has no brass wash coming through the paint, and it weighs 215g which lead to me to believe its post war.

the scabbard seems to be post war. with some one re stitched a piece of elastic into the top section.

any thoughts would be great

hopfully the pics are ok Help with my fs daggerHelp with my fs daggerHelp with my fs daggerHelp with my fs dagger
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with my fs dagger   Help with my fs dagger  

Help with my fs dagger  

?

Default Re: Help with my fs dagger

Yep .. post war 3rd pattern for the export market.

Default Re: Help with my fs dagger

yeah what i thought but i got it for like £50 quid so cant complain like...the dealer told me it wasnt a Fairbairn sykes it was a william rodgers........to my bemusment i bought it , might be why it was so cheap for the condition its in.

cheers