Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

a pair of FS knives

Article about: a beutiful pair of fs knives i believe them to be from the last batch ever made for the MOD i got them in 1982 by way of an admin cock up when i was in the army id love your veiws on them ma

ian
    ?

Default a pair of FS knives

a beutiful pair of fs knives
    i believe them to be from the last batch ever made for the MOD
    i got them in 1982 by way of an admin cock up when i was in the army
    id love your veiws on them
    mabe a value not that i would ever sell them
    cheers ian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture a pair of FS knives   a pair of FS knives  

a pair of FS knives   a pair of FS knives  

a pair of FS knives  

ian
    ?

Default Re: a pair of FS knives

i was looking on the thread FS on ebay there is a link posted for fs with diferent handles and i found these nives there on that link which pleased me no end
    when the falklands war was on our rece troop were put on stand by for it
    they didnt go in the end
    but as a result the sqms put in for 25 of these
    they arrived in a wooden box all wrapped up in grease paper
    when we counted them there was 30 in the box but only paper work for 25
    im sure you can guese the rest

ian
    ?

allso it seems from thet link that i was wrong about the last batch it says this company are still making this knife for the MOD as of 2005

ian
    ?

ive just bin looking on the net
    it seems that these can be purchased all over the place
    oh well at least these two have value to me
    cos i know where they came from

The Nowill FS knives are still being made - you can buy 'em brand new direct from them for about £40, cheaper from elsewhere.

I wasn't sure if I should put a link in for them (the factory) so I didn't just in case it's against forum rules/etiquette with it being a commercial site.

I think the only genuine MoD issue ones, when they need them, (not sure that they really use them much now?) are the William Rodgers ones from the Eggington Group but I believe they don't have any markings on them, 'commercial' versions which are marked up are also made.

Quote by Time Bandit View Post
    The Nowill FS knives are still being made - you can buy 'em brand new direct from them for about £40, cheaper from elsewhere.

I wasn't sure if I should put a link in for them (the factory) so I didn't just in case it's against forum rules/etiquette with it being a commercial site.

I think the only genuine MoD issue ones, when they need them, (not sure that they really use them much now?) are the William Rodgers ones from the Eggington Group but I believe they don't have any markings on them, 'commercial' versions which are marked up are also made.
    if anyone should read this, I have a knife with, I think it says E nowill & sons sheffield England, but thats all the stamping I can see, it's actually very small & on brass, or copper instead of steel, then someone had fine leather sewn around the handle, but it has shrunk & you can see the ridges in the handle, it look's really old, oh yes it has a brass looking nut on top, the blade is not black, but it is shiney, any ideas? thanks. yes I know I have no way to post pic's, sorry.
    Last edited by crazy horse; 06-28-2010 at 07:03 PM.

ILH
    ?

Ian,
    yours are still going to be worth more because of your provenance; Dreweatte's auctioneers recently had an Arg helmet and a post1982 Joint Forces flag in thier Bristol sale, so the Falklands market is there and growing.
    I did hear of one that had been to the Falklands selling for £100 around 1999, but could just have been a story.
    Either way- nice to have an admin error turn out so well!
    jim.

Hi Ian,
    very nice knives you have i have two of them one used and one unissued, Nato stamped.
    I would like more for a collection but have to wait for them to come along, i know what you mean about getting more kit that you should we had two extra 9mm browing pistols in the box with no paper work. But thats the army for you. And yes they did go back, lol.
    dave.