Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Third Pattern F/S Help

Article about: Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and to collecting in general. I bid on a box full of vintage pocket knives and some other random junk at a local online auction. The box also contained, from

Default Third Pattern F/S Help

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and to collecting in general. I bid on a box full of vintage pocket knives and some other random junk at a local online auction. The box also contained, from the research I've been doing, a third-patterun F/S fighting knife. It is marked with a 3 near the top and also with "England" on the guard. I haven't seen any other markings on it but these. Not sure if it's a fake or real. The pocket knives all date to the 1940's and the box basically looks like someone just emptied their junk drawer. So what do you think? Do I actually have something here or it also junk? Sorry again, I'm very new to this. Any help is much appreciated!Third Pattern F/S HelpThird Pattern F/S HelpThird Pattern F/S HelpThird Pattern F/S Help

What you have is indeed a late war 3rd Pattern FS knife.
    It's in fair condition. There is rust on the blade and it looks like the tip
    of the blade has been reground BUT it is still an original war time knife
    and is collectible. Nice score

---and BTW, Welcome to the forum.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

CBH
    ?

Always nice to find a Gem in a Junk box !

Welcome to the forum , hope you enjoy your time here .

Thanks for the response. I'm very pleased to hear that it's an original. I also managed to pick up a Camillus USMC Mark 2 with original sheath amongst some fillet knives in another auction a few days earlier. Good start to my new hobby Thanks for the welcome, btw I'm also from a small town in WI (northern), small world. Thanks again!

Quote by Kmarucha15 View Post
    Good start to my new hobby
    Are you just interested in fighting knives or are you into other military items?
    gregM

myself around.

I'm kind of new to all of this. I have some relatives that are very into collecting (one with bayonets and the other with anything from WWI and WWII) so I guess it has kind of caught on. I'm probably very far from the average poster on this forum.

Here is a part of my relative's bayonet collection. Very interesting stuff!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Third Pattern F/S Help  

I also own three bayonets, a stgw .57, an I.N.I Spanish Toledo, and the bayonet that goes to my 1953r Tula SKS. Third Pattern F/S HelpThird Pattern F/S Help

?

Great looking bayonet collection and a very interesting light fitting !! The FS dagger is original and the England stamp on the crossguard signifies that it was exported to the states after the war as Army surplus .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

That's a great light fixture.

My wife is going to kill me but I now know what my winter project is going to be.
    gregM

myself around.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast